Chapter 4

"She asked how I was." I say to the impatient officer.

"What did you say?"

"I told her I didn't want to be at the dance then Daniel came along and kissed her." I cringe at the thought, "Then they left the gym."

"Did they say where they were going."

"Outside, I think."

"Who is Daniel?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"A legitiment question. Answer it."

"He is Riley's boyfriend."

"What is he to you?"

"Someone I don't know too much about."

"How come?"

"I don't know. Are my parents here, because I think they should be hearing this."

"They are being questioned."

I sigh. There is no way out of here.

"I just haven't tried to get to know him yet, but Riley told me a lot about him." I shudder as I say her name.

"Going back to my earlier question. Daniel was last seen by a student. She was walking down the hall from the bathroom when she heard a shove and a lock. Then a scream. There was some arguing that is unidentified by this witness but it was made obvious that there was a male and a female. The male was trying to force the female into doing something she didn't want to do."

I feel disgusted by the image in my head.

"Don't worry. Some words came clear. The voices were recongnized to be Daniel and Riley. He was forcing her into a janitors' closet and she was refusing to go. He said it was her life at stake if she didn't go in."

"And then?" I ask.

"He locked the door and dropped the keys somewhere."

"Well did you check the closet?" I screamed.

"Calm down, Miss." He waits till I settle down then continues, "We checked but, there was nothing there. There are no windows in a janitors' closet if you were wondering that."

I am wondering that so I smile sheepishly when the police officer seems to read my mind. Then a gasp forms and my jaw drops.

"Where is she?" I ask. My face is cold and I feel the blood rush out of me.

"That's what we don't know."