At the moment, he couldn't smell nothing but disappointment from the man's aura.

"I told you to be sincere about it." He gritted his teeth.

Jaison shut his eyes tight as he huffed. He saw that coming!
He still spoke nothing and that added to the fire.

"Are you dumb? Don't you have a mouth to speak!?" Mujin finally snapped.

"I'm sorry. Okay? I didn't mean to hurt her. I thought I was protecting both of us by maintaining some distance." He tried to justify himself.

"Distance? How mush distance? You didn't even speak to her like she wasn't even there. Thats alienation jackass!!" He raised his voice. He was getting irritated by his half assed explanation. It wasn't even an explanation. He was just making excuses to protect himself!

"I told you I didn't mean to hurt her!" He matched his pitch of voice.

"YOU WERE JUST PROTECTING YOURSELF!"

That silenced the man sitting on the bed. He looked away from his friend's sharp gaze. Yes. He was protecting himself but at the cost of someone else's mental health. What did he get after displaying his emotions and feelings naked and clear infront of someone? Betrayal. It was simply a defence mechanism if he chose not to do it again.

"Yeah. Look away. Walk away from your problems like the coward you are!" Mujin stood up from the bed and looked down on his friend.
"You're not him."

Jaison set his orbs back on his friend.

"You're not the man I met on the campus.
Did that one girl make you so weak that you couldn't get up from that fall." Mujin lifted his arms slightly in helplessness.

"Its not about her!" Why couldn't anyone understand? She didn't wound him. Her lies did. The reality did. His incomplete love did.

"So you still think about it. Here I thought you moved on." Mujin facepalmed himself as he sighed heavily.

"I'm sorry." Jaison mumbled like a helpless child, his head hung low.

"Jaison as long as you keep holding to your past you'll keep making your and your loved one's life miserable. Can't you see!!" He said, frustrated.
"She isn't even a part of your life yet and you still are making her feel like she is the problem."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop with the sorry! And I'm not the one you're suppose to say sorry to." This was the 3rd time he said sorry. Anyone could get irritated.

                               ............

Akira was ready to leave for her morning shift at the cafe. She hung her backpack on her shoulder and tightened her shoelaces.

 She hung her backpack on her shoulder and tightened her shoelaces

"I'll be back by 4 pm. Okay? If Mrs.Kim comes before me tell her to eat something." She shouted from the entrance as her brother was in the kitchen.

"Okay. Byeee!"