Chapter Two- Introductions

Start from the beginning

"Yes." Luca nods.

"But just because he's the king, it doesn't make his reason for war anymore just then the last or next person to wear the crown."

"Isabeau that's enough!" My mother hisses.

"Look at every reason Regean went to war. Did things improve, were they worth it?" I ask. Luca weighs on his answer a bit, tilting his head from side to side before shaking his head.

"Now look at every reason the king went to war. Did things improve? Were they worth it?" I ask again earning a warning growl from our father.

"Isabeau that's enough!" He whispers heatedly. "We are in the presence of Lycans. Lycans with exceptionally good hearing, and they won't hesitate to rip you to pieces over what you just said about their king."

"Ah, so their king." I give a lopsided smile. "Not ours. Well no one seems to be shitting their pants yet, and I am still in one piece. Maybe they have thicker skin than you think." I shrug.

The party goes on. The royals not yet making an appearance, and everyone getting restless.

"Where are they?"

"I want to see the prince!"

"Maybe it's the prince. You know he's infamous in the palace. Never wakes up on time, misses all of his meetings."

"Who could care about that? No matter what he does, he's an only child and he's the heir."

"I'm hungry."

"We eat when they eat."

"Where is the prince?"

"Well," I drawl out as I stand from the table. "I'm gonna use the bathroom."

"You can't leave what if they show up when your gone?" My mother hisses.

"Oh no what ever shall I do." I reply monotonously, a half lidded deadpanned stare. "How ever shall I survive?"

I slowly turn away from the table with a roll of my eyes and set to find a bathroom. But not really.

The boredom was killing me.

Wandering the palace halls, as I stealthily avoid passing servants and butlers. Wandering into open rooms and swiping decent wine from their upstairs bar. Drinking from the bottle as I pass by another room. This one barely open, a bedroom. And empty.

I push the door further in and look around the dark space. The bed high off the ground, empty but messy.

Now I'm crossing boundaries.

The room smelled of pine, and fresh rain. The windows left open leading out to a large balcony. Walking over, the view of the ocean hit me. The smell of the salty sea, the moon almost full its light enchanting as it flooded the room.

Another open door led to the bathroom. Pushing the door open to find nothing but black marble and glass. The shower could be it's own room. A large deep sink underneath a mirror that stretched across the wall. Looking around the bathroom taking a swig out of the wine bottle.

"Nice bathroom." I mutter.

"Thank you!" A deep voice startling me making me almost drop the bottle.