Why Would You Jack? (short chapter)

The bag is full of drugs.
We both stand in shock.
There is this white powder in small bags. Then we got candy looking ones and paper looking things.
"It's Cocaine, Marijuana, and Ecstasy" Cole says
Just then Jack walks through the door. He tries to run but gets caught by Cole.
"Why would you do drugs Jack?"
"Because he helps me."
"Ya helps you get addicted! Jack you have to stop! This is not good for you!" Cole just continues to yell.
"How long have you been doing this?"
"A couple months. I'll be fine Cole."
"A couple months!!? So mom and dad didn't even know about this!? No you will not be! Where do you get the money to pay for this stuff!?"
He doesn't answer.
"Jack answer me now!!!"
"No mom and dad never found out."
"You didn't answer me!!"
Cole slaps Jack in the face as hard as he can.
It was really loud downstairs but all of a sudden it falls completely silent.
"We'll go do the piñata outside." I say leaving so that Cole can continue to talk to Jack.
"What was that noise?" Ashely asks
"What noise?" I say
"It sounded like a slap."
"Oh that noise."
"It was book being dropped on the table." I say
They look at me for a second and they all go back to talking.
"Let's go do the piñata"
We go outside and I'm the first one to hit the piñata.
**Cole's POV**
Jack sits on the bed touching his cheek not saying anything.
"Jack I demand an answer!!"
"I..."
"I didn't hear the last part Jack. Say it again!"
"I steal the money ok!" He yells at me
"Why would you do this?"
"Because I want to escape my world. I already know that mom and dad won't get any better and that they are secretly getting worse!"
"Jack that's not true! Quit talking like that!"
"You know it's true Cole. You just don't want to admit it."
I grab the bag and take it downstairs.
"Where are you going with that!?"
"I'm getting rid of them."
I see that they started a bonfire so I take the bag and dump all of it into the fire. A huge flame forms and creates a ton of smoke.
"You will be on close watch Jack and I'm signing you up for rehab."
Jack stomps his way back into the house. I get some locks and put them on the outside of his windows so he can't leave.
*2 weeks later*
Jack has been going to rehab everyday. He is 2 weeks clean. Jack is starting to notice that there are other ways around things besides doing drugs. He's been outside a lot more playing basketball with Tiffany, Austin, and Austin's friends.
As I'm watching them play my phone starts ringing it's the hospital again. They keep calling me to tell me that I should take my parents off life support. I don't want to do that.
"Hello."
"Hello this is the hospital. I was calling to tell you that we think it is best of you take your parents off of life support."
"No! I'm not letting that happen! Keep them on life support!"
"Ok if that's what you want."
"Quit calling and telling me this! I've heard it 3 times already!" I yell and hang up the phone.
"Cole maybe it is a good idea if we were to take them off." Tiffany says
"They could been in the coma for a long time." Jack says
"I know. But there is that small chance that they will get out of it soon."
"You have to stop hanging on to that small chance. That's like 5% of it happening." She says
"So. You have to think and hold on to the positives in life. I'm not letting mom and dad go!" I say coming into my house and going into my room.