Chapter 81

Eva's Pov

Jane had invited us to a party for Alba after the swearing in ceremony. After 40 years she is finally a citizen. Rafael had asked me to decorate for his open house.

"So what do you think?" He asks

"The neighborhood is great. The building has tons of cured appeal." I say. Read his flash cards so I would know what he was talking about

"Look at you with the lingo." He says

"Hey, if I'm gonna help out, I got to be on point right?" I say and he pulls me into his chest.

"Thanks again I know you wanted to work on designs today." He says

"No this is a good distraction I needed some distance from V-necks." I say.

We went inside the house and it was perfect. Hard wood floors, The light, the layout. Great price point for the school district. I looked around the place in awe and Rafael could sense that

"When will your clients be here?" I ask

"They're here. We're the client." He says and I look at him with wide eyes

"We lost the other place. This one comes on the market next week. It's in our kids school district. It's great price," he goes to continue but I cut him off with a kiss.

We signed the lease and we move in together next week. We told my brother and Jane who thought we were getting married. That's crazy. Right? I mean I want to marry him, but is it too soon? Maybe not, we've known each other our whole lives. I soon had to leave to drop off Clara to school and then went to work on designs.

Third person Pov

After Eva left the house, Rafael turned to Chris and Jane.

"I really wish you hadn't said that." He says

"What's the big deal?" Jane asks

"The big deal is I was planning on proposing." He says

"What?" Jane shouts at the same time as my brother.

"Yes but I was hoping to get you blessing first Chris." He says

"Of course. You make her happy" Chris says and smiles

"Good now I have to ask Clara." He says before he sees the look on Jane's face.

"What?" He asks Jane

"Isn't it too soon you've been dating for ten months." She says

"And we've known each other forever." He says

"Well if it was anyone else I would suggest waiting but you guys are so perfect she will say yes." Jane says

Eva's Pov

It's night time. Clara is asleep. I am working on designs gradually moving towards women's line of clothing. I tie my hair in a messy bun since it was getting in my face. I didn't notice Rafael standing in the door way until he walked towards me.

Petra just texted me. Krishna turned herself in. She framed Petra for murder and disappeared out the window. Louis had texted me asking if he could have Clara that night. I agreed and Rafael had asked me to dinner. What is going on?

What I didn't know was that Rafael had told both Louis and Clara he was going to propose.

Everyone has been acting so weird around me including Petra, Louis, Clara who just won't say anything but keeps a huge smile on her face. Mateo who does the same, Jane, Chris. What is happening?

Oh my God, is Rafael proposing. I need to get a manicure. I love him so much. What should I wear tonight? Oh my God. I got even more excited when Jane accidentally slipped up and confirmed it.

My brother and Rafael had ended up visiting Rose. I don't know what happened but Rafael was really upset about it. He didn't need to talk to me but I'm staying. Rafael didn't talk to me the rest of the night. He just got into bed next to me and he told me he went to see Rose.

Instead of saying anything else he just kissed me and we ended up having sex. But it was different he was more serious this time. In the morning he still didn't tell me what was wrong.

Third person Pov

After telling Chris what she wanted he left leaving Rafael with Rose.

"So where is Luisa?" She asks

"I am not going to tell you. I don't care what you know about my parents." He says

"Not your parents but I do know something about Eva." She says

"What?" Rafael asks

"Remember John. Why did she say they broke up again." She asks tauntingly

"He cheated on her." Rafael whispered

"Yeah, that's not it. It was more along the lines of rape." She says knowing he wouldn't take it well.

As soon as she said it he left. He wanted to find John and make him suffer who does that to someone? And why didn't she tell him? It couldn't have been easy to talk about but it was a long time ago.

Eva's Pov

Rafael had asked me and Jane to come to his apartment

When we got there Chris was already there. We saw the last person we ever expected to see.

Michael?