Chapter 16

Eva's Pov

Calle Ocho. One of my favourite festivals to celebrate. The Marbella is prepping for Calle Ocho. I still haven't talked to Rafael. I think he also wants to keep his distance. He thinks I'm scared of him but I'm just traumatised by John.

I walk into Raf's office with Petra

"Please tell me you found a musician to play at the Marbella." Raf asks Petra.

"Well, almost. I found a way to a musician. David Bisbal. And through your almost father in law." She says as Raf and I look away.

"Wait Rogelio?" Raf asks. What was someone else going to be your father in law.

"Yes. He knows him. Look what he just tweeted." She says and shows him Rogelio's twitter.

Raf looks at her in suspicion "why are you following my almost father in law on twitter?"

"What?" She asks shocked

"What's your agenda,Petra? Does it have to do with Jane?" He asks

"Here's my agenda. I want to drive people to this hotel so we stop haemorrhaging money. Your contacts have not panned out, so I started following Rogelio because I thought there was a chance he might know someone famous. And I was right." Petra rants with that scary look in her eyes I have now named the 'Petra face'

"I'm sure you can understand why I asked given our complicated history." Raf says

"Ugh we get it you don't have the best history and you hate each other and you want to kill each other but you're also business partners so suck it up and get over it." I say in annoyed tone making both of them look at me. I can't read the look on Petra's face but Raf is clearly shocked. This is the first thing I've said to him since the other night.

"Just make the call" Petra says as she leaves. I look at my shoes as I start walking backwards to leave. I reach the door and turn around when I hear him talk.

"Evs, wait." He says and I freeze. I slowly turn around

"We have to talk about it." He says referring to the flinching.

"No we really don't." I say. I'm not ready for this. The only person who knows is Petra.

"We don't, but if you want to I'm here." He says walking closer to me. I nod and leave.

After Raf's 'meeting' with Rogelio. He told us David Bisbal will stay at the Marbella. Now we're waiting for David Bisbal.

"Hey did you double-check his rider?" Petra asks as Raf shushes her. We see David Bisbal walk upto us.

"Rafael Solano. I am David Bisbal." He says as he hugs Raf.

"And you must be Evangeline Martinez. You are more gorgeous than Rogelio described." He says and I blush.

"Anything you need,you can just let me know." Petra says.

"First I hit up Calle Ocho, and then I'm back here, I don't know about an hour before the show, okay?" David says

"Of course. Anything, bro" Raf says

"And then I take this beauty to dinner." He says smirking at me. I blush again

"Let's go guys. Thank you. See you tonight." He says acting like I said yes. I mean I was going to say yes. It's David Bisbal.

"Who will be taking care of Mr. Bisbal's dog?" A woman asks from behind us.

"I'm sorry." "Excuse me" Raf and I say at the same time.

"David needs someone to watch his dog till after the show." The woman says

"Wait, we weren't told anything about a dog." Petra says

"Should I tell him no? Should we find another place to stay." This woman says

"No, no, no, no, no, no, we'll take the dog." We all say at the same time.

The woman smiles "This is Diablo." She says handing the dog to Rafael

"His diet needs to be closely monitored as well as his assorted rashes. Here's his schedule. It's detailed. She says, I do not like this woman.

As soon as she walks away Rafael and Petra both argue over who's taking care of the dog when I take the dog and the doggie bag from them and go upto my room.

Third person Pov

"Because you asked too early. Things were great. We were moving forward. And then you got it into your head to ask me to marry you and I said no and I've been beating myself up for hurting you, but you know what, this isn't my fault. You were impulsive. I mean of course you didn't think to check in with Rogelio. If you'd stopped and asked someone, anyone who knows me, you wouldn't have asked. And I wouldn't have had to say no, and we wouldn't be here. So stop please, stop putting this all on me." Jane rants

"I asked Eva." Raf says making Jane sit back down. "Well I didn't exactly ask her. I told her, she said it was a bad idea, told me it was too soon. I didn't listen. I ended up yelling at her. I said some... things, I tried to apologise and now she won't talk to me." Raf says. This had nothing to do with Jane's rant about proposing to soon. But he just needed to let it out. Jane made a mental note in her head to talk to Eva.

Eva's Pov

I went downstairs for Calle Ocho and somehow Rafael and Petra managed to lose the dog. I'm on the phone with Rafael.

"Bisbal's gonna want his dog after the concert." Raf says freaking out.

"Relax. And look to your left." He says as I walk toward him with Diablo.

He hugs me. "Where did you find him." He asks

"In a service elevator humping a throw pillow." I respond. As the bitchy woman from before walks up

"You can tell David that his dog was perfect." Raf says.

"Oh David wouldn't care. The dog's mine." She says

"Excuse me." We all say

"I just knew you would take better care of the dog knowing it's David's. Anyways. Thanks." She says.

I start walking away.

"Hey where are you going?" Raf asks me

"I just remembered I have a date with Mr. Bisbal." I say and walk away

Third person Pov

Eva walks away. Rafael watches her leave and Petra smirks.

"You could try to start making it less obvious." She says

"What?" He says looking at her.

"You didn't exactly make it as obvious as now when we were married." She says

"Make what obvious?" Raf asks clueless

"Ugh Men." Petra sighs. "That you're in love with her." She says

"What?" Raf blushes and stammers

"Come on I know it, Jane probably knows it, Luisa, your father, her brother even my Mother knew you were in love with her." She says and walks away. Leaving Rafael in thought

"Do I really love her."

Eva's Pov

I get ready for my date. David and I meet at the bar. We talk and talk. I told him I used to be a model and he asked if I wanted to get back into it. Truth is for a while I have wanted to get back to modeling.

After the date we went upstairs to my room and let's just say we did more than kiss.