Chapter 38

Eva's Pov

Ever since Jane's house flooded they've been staying at the Marbella, not that I'm complaining, I get to spend more time with Mateo when Jane has to go meet with her advisor.

Rafael had introduced me to his brother who I immediately got a bad feeling about, but how do you tell your friend you think his brother is sketchy.

Louis has been coming over more since we became official and we are always finding excuses to sneak off which makes us sound like we're teenagers again.

Louis' sister is visiting from London and Louis wants us meet. We are currently at the restaurant he opened in Miami, waiting for Tina to arrive.

As soon as Tina arrives she hugs Louis and me saying she's heard a lot about me when Louis blushes. The rest of dinner is just them going over memories from their childhood. Both of them still act like children around each other. They remind me of me and my brother.

Tina told us that it was her last night before she had to return to London. We said goodbye and Louis stayed the night at the Marbella.

The next morning Jane knocked on the door as Louis was making breakfast. I opened the door and Jane was going on about a house she found one and a half hour away in West Miramar before she noticed Louis.

I finally introduced them before turning to Jane with her problem about the house. She left to tell Rafael about her schedule with Michael.

Later in the day when Louis left, I got a phone call from Petra who was pissed when she heard that Jane met Louis before she did.

Rafael is in the middle of writing an email to Jane objecting on her idea of moving to West Miramar when I walked into his offices unaware of the draft.

"Hey are you okay? You seem upset." I say as soon as I walk in

"No. No, no. I was writing an email to Jane. Her and Michael found a house, but it's 40 minutes away and I don't want Mateo that far." Rafael tells me

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I ask him

"Excuse me?" He asks

"After everything Jane's done, starting with having Mateo in the first place after your sister knocked her up, and you can't tolerate a small commute to let her live in her dream house? Get over yourself, and find a way to make it work." I snap.

As it turns out Jane and Michael did not end up buying the house. After I yelled at Rafael.