Chapter 76

Eva's Pov

We ended up telling everyone we were together and they all knew already. They had a bet placed that Jane had won. Clara and Mateo were more than happy. My brother ended up threatening Rafael again. Petra was weirdly calm about it. Alba confessed that she thought the double date with Chris would have brought it out sooner.

Rafael wanted to look for his biological mother in Italy. He had sent a letter to his orphanage in Italy before Elena and Emilio adopted him.

Rafael got a letter back it was a marriage record. His mom's. She married someone named Angello Amalberti. Her name is probably Camilla Amalberti now? Rafael said he was ready to look her up. So we did and we found her.

He was really happy about it and he emailed her before he lost his nerve.

Jane had dragged me to an improv class against my will.

"Establish a location. That's rule number three of improv. Rule number two add new information. And rule number one" the teacher says and points to Jane.

"Yes, and." She says

"Which means accept what is given to you and add on to it. Get it?" He asks

"Got it." Jane replied

"Good. Let's get you up on your feet." He says and Jane reluctantly gets up.

"Hello New York. Bob Edgar's here with Mrs. Phyllis Runkle. Mrs. Runkle, I understand that you were the sole eyewitness to the theft of the Statue of Liberty last night?" Jane's acting partner says

"Did you catch a glimpse of their faces." Jane's partner continues after Jane freezes up

"Yes, I saw the thieves, and they took the Statue of Liberty and my virginity. By force. And it was scary, and..." Jane continued and I zoned out this was a little embarrassing as Jane kept going on.

I had caught Petra in the lobby. She was giggling and blushing. Oh my god. She has a crush. When she noticed me she denied it strait away.

I dropped by Rafael's apartment. He had been having late night shifts at the Marbella and he was having trouble sleeping.

He opened the door and I instantly noticed that he looked very tired. I ran him a bath with Rose petals I had gotten from the store and a few candles and massaged him until he relaxed. Not sexually. He ended up falling asleep in my arms, I kissed his forehead before falling asleep.

The next morning I had to leave to pick up Clara so I left him a note saying I couldn't wake him up since he needed the sleep.

Rafael had ended up dedicating a drawer to my stuff at his place. I thought it was so sweet the effort he was putting in to try to make me feel at home at his apartment.

Rafael's mother had ended up responding. Camilla wasn't his mother. She was just a nurse in the hospital Rafael was born in. Camilla had put her name on Raf's birth certificate. I advised him to call the convent to check for records.

The records from the hospital and convent were sold to Luisa.

Later that night we would find out that Xo might have cancer.