Chapter 27

Eva's Pov

I think I am dreaming. I definitely have to be dreaming. I just saw Britney Spears. I walk into Rafael's office where Petra was already seated.

"I just saw Britney Spears checking in." I say squealing like a little girl.

"Events got a call last minute about this huge last minute wedding and she is performing. I don't know who these people are..." Raf says before Petra cuts him off.

"Actually, the wedding is mine. I accepted a proposal from Milos." She says and my Jaw drops.

"What?" "You're marrying Milos?" "Are you kidding me." Rafael, Jane and I scream at the same time.

"What are you talking about Petra?" Rafael asks

"He proposed. He was very romantic actually." She says

"Is this about money?" Raf asks

"No. This is about the fact that we've worked through our issues." Petra says

"Like he threw acid at your mother?" I say

"You've met my Mother, Eva. Clearly you can understand the urge." She says. I mean she's not wrong.

"Anyway. Just letting you know. Excuse me. Lots to get ready." She says and leaves

"Okay I'm hallucinating did you also hear that." I ask and Jane nods.

"You are not hallucinating." She said

"She doesn't want to marry him. It's a play. She and I are in negotiations for child support and she knows I don't want our kid around Milos, so she's using him as a bargaining chip. I'll reach out to her lawyers. We'll ask her to name a number." He says and I get a call from the designer working with me and I step outside.

I walk across the floor to head to my room when suddenly I bump into someone. I see Britney Spears standing in front of me.

"Oh my god I am so sorry." I say

"No it was my fault. I didn't see where I was going." She says and suddenly looks at me

"Hey didn't you walk the runway at Fashion Week in Paris." She asked. I was speechless so I just nodded.

"You were amazing and I really liked the outfit. I have to go now I have dinner plans but I hope we keep seeing each other." She says and she walks away with her back up dancers. As soon as she leaves my mouth opens in shock as I start jumping.

Britney Spears knows who I am!

A few days later Jane is talking to Petra while me and Rafael went downstairs to talk to Milos.

"Hey can we talk." I say going upto Milos.

"Talk or duel." He says not looking up from the newspaper

"Duel?" Rafael asks confused. He suddenly gets up

"Guns or knives?" He says

"What are you talking about?" I say leaning back into Rafael a little.

"Oh, you are kidding. Me too." He says

"And who are you?" He asks looking me up and down and Rafael pushes me behind him as I start to walk away heavily disgusted.

Soon enough it was time for the wedding and Petra asked me to be there and as creeped out as I was by this guy I still went to support her. During the ceremony I saw silhouettes of people fighting and I start to walk over. When I see Michael push Rafael into the vase and Mateo started crying.

I ran over to Mateo and picked him up to see his arm bleeding. Jane and Rafael ran over as fast as they could and I gave Mateo to Jane as Michael looks devastated and walks away.

After I put the bandages on Mateo's arm and handing Rafael an ice pack I left to go see Petra at the ceremony and she understood why I left.

The next day I heard from my brother that Michael was suspended