Chapter 26

Eva's Pov

Rafael told me that him and Jane kissed last week. I still have to tell him that I kissed his ex wife. Twice.

He told me she sent him a gritted teeth emoji which meant that she was happy. Although I'm pretty sure it means she's a little overwhelmed right now and she just had a baby and is not ready. But I didn't tell him that.

The next day, Michael ended up coming to the hotel by the same time Jane and Rafael showed up. We go into the office when Michael says he might have a new lead in the Sin Rostro investigation

"Heidi Von Ocher."

"Who's she?" I ask.

"She is a professional singer. A yodeler actually." He says.

"A yodeler?" Jane asks a hoping she heard him right.

"Kind of like in the Sound of Music." He says

"I love the Sound of Music." "Never seen it." Raf and I say at the same time. I look at him shocked. Well now I know what I'm doing after this.

"Really?" Michael asks him

"Yeah. Really."

"Here's the point. Heidi Von Ocher yodels. Or 'yodels' I was corrected twice on the phone. Anyway, there was a big concert. She didn't make it to the final show." Michael says

"You think Sin Rostro killed her?" Jane asks

"No. I think she slept with her." He replies and shows us a photo from the concert where Rose's face is very clear.

"There was some whispers on the online 'yodel' community about an affair. Pretty sure she went by Denise back then. I don't have jurisdiction in Switzerland, but if you book Heidi here to Yodel. I might be able to question her." This is the first new lead I've gotten. Please I need her on the next flight to Miami." Michael says as we all look at Raf.

"Ok I'll book her here." Raf says

Heidi came to Miami and Michael and my brother and their new partner Suzanna questioned her the same day Jane stopped by to drop off Mateo and give Raf a list.

After she dropped of Mateo I helped Raf manage him and we didn't once look at that list.

We were going for a walk with Mateo when Rafael got a call from Jane checking in. When we get back we see Michael letting Jane out of the supply closet.

"You were in the closet." Rafael asked a little hurt.

"Briefly, yes. I saw this crumpled up next to your trashcan in your office." and she holds out the list

"Wait what?" Raf asks

"So I called, you said you had it. I knew you didn't unless you made a copy." Jane continued

"No." Raf says

"I knew it. I knew you lied."Jane says

"I didn't want you to think I couldn't take care of him." Raf says as they keep arguing when Michael says that Petra might have done it.

Suddenly Luisa stumbled out of the elevator with a bleeding cut on her leg and disheveled hair. She said she was kidnapped. We all immediately ask her if she was okay

"Stop she wasn't kidnapped. That's what she said at Christmas when she didn't show because she was drunk." Raf says

"Raf look at her. Do you really think she's lying." I say

"Raf I swear to god. I really was kidnapped by these scary German men that wanted to mutter me. I don't know why they let me go." Luisa says. As soon as she said the word mutter Michael's face lit up as he told Luisa he had to talk to her at the station.

I went to my room to work for a while with a designer who approached me to style a clothing line.

That night I bumped into Petra who was puking up anything she ate. I held her hair back for as long as she was throwing up. We were yet to talk about the kiss. We just sat in silence. The only sounds in the room were of her throwing up.

A few nights later when Rafael dropped Mateo at Jane's he said he overheard her saying she chooses Michael. I wanted to comfort him when I remembered something from a few days ago.

I handed him a carton of ice cream and played the Sound of Music on the TV. He won't admit it but he liked it.