Chapter 23

Eva's Pov

Rafael and Jane are going through photos of Mateo and arguing over what he's known for. Rogelio and  Xiomara are discussing something in secret. When I notice something

"Where's Mateo?" I ask

"Matelio" Rogelio says.

"How long does the hearing test take anyway?" Xiomara asks

"He's only been gone nine minutes." Jane responds

"You timed it?" Her mother asks

"We're on a nursing schedule. You have to keep track. When he eats, which boob, how long... mom, it's helpful." Jane says after she sees the look on her mother's face.

Right then a nurse walks in the room to take Mateo for a hearing test. We tell her another nurse took Mateo when she asks who, we hear the worst news right now.

"There is no nurse in maternity named Helen."

15 minutes later there are cops all over the room, everyone is screaming and I am trying to keep Jane calm when she gets a call from Michael. Another 10 minutes later Michael and my brother enter the room.

"Wait, Rose?" I ask.

"I don't understand. What does she want?" Jane asks and Michael shows us a dragonfly brooch.

"Do the police even do that do they make trades?" Rafael asks.

"Doesn't matter. This can't be official she said just us." Michael replied looking at my brother.

"Following her instructions is the quickest, safest way to get Mateo back, and that is all we want." Michael responds. We reluctantly agree knowing he's right as we get up to leave.

"I'm coming too." Jane says and we all look at her.

"You just had a baby." My brother says.

"Exactly. I'm his mother, and I have to feed him in 92 minutes. So I'm not gonna sit here and wait. I'm going end of story." Jane says and gets out of bed.

"Grab those wipes and that burp cloth. Oh, I need pants. Could you grab that bag of adult diapers." She says and we scramble to get everything.

We sit in a police car outside of the precinct where I'm sandwiched between my brother and Rafael. We all agreed Jane should have the most space.

Michael soon runs back out and he's on the phone with someone.

"Answer me. Did you take the pin? You're not gonna get in trouble. Did you take the pin. Ok we'll be right there." Michael says and cuts the phone.

"It wasn't in there? Who has it." My brother asks.

"Luisa." Michael replies

"Luisa!" Rafael repeats.

When we get to the Marbella Luisa is frantically crying. She explained what happened between her and Juicy when we all run down to the pool. Rafael, Michael and Chris all jump in the pool to look for the pin while I bend down and open the drain and find it. We all hurry and get to the church Rose asked them to meet at.

We are sitting outside in the car when Michael walks out holding the baby and we all run over to him.

A few days later we get the confirmation that Mateo is not traumatised by the incident and I started spending a lot of time at Jane's house.

When I reach her house with Raf there is a lot of people and paparazzi?

We get into the house, Raf's hand still on my back. Before we can say anything two more people enter the house. These must be the twin step sisters Jane was talking about. Eventually they make it to lactation class with a police escort as I get a ride with my brother to his place.

The same night the paparazzi is still there and Jane leaves the house to end things. She talks a little bit to the nuns when her milk comes in and she high fives us and goes inside to feed Mateo.

I definitely need to lie down

I'm sorry if the chapters seem rushed. I have twenty days to write this book as much as I can before the show stops streaming in my area. I might start a new book about a different show