Chapter 19

Eva's Pov

The next day after dropping off Lia at my brother's I ask him about Petra. I know she's done some crazy stuff but she is still a friend and just got kidnapped.

Raf called me told me about the baby shower. I need to see Jane anyway and tell Raf about Petra.

At the baby shower we wait for Jane as I talk to her mother and grandmother about Xo's singing, Alba's new guy and my photoshoot. Jane then walks in with a fake smile. I can tell therapy did not go well.

We all hug her and Jane noticed a person from her romance writers group and dragged her away. A little while later Rogelio comes in and sings a song to Jane's baby bump and another woman from Jane's romance writer's group slapped him across the face.

We try to figure out what happened between them and we find out they slept/fell for each other.

Lina clinks her glass with a fork to make a toast.

"Jane and I met in the fifth grade when I hijacked her sex ed lesson." She started as we laughed. "Anyway, I don't like all that sappy stuff, but I was just thinking about it, and that's just a really lucky baby, to get you as a mom." She says as everyone awh's "anyway, that's it. Don't forget to put your guesses for the birth date in the jar." She finishes and Jane hugs her.

After a while Rafael shows up with flowers and and we play one last activity. You can see it clearly that they are in love with each other.

I get a phone call from my brother. They got Petra. I excuse myself and get down to the station. I see Petra and hug her. She breaks down crying and explains what happened to the police. After she's done we get back to the Marbella.

The next day I start walking to Raf's office when I hear Petra crying again. I go into her office.

"Hey, it's ok. You're safe now." I say hugging her.

"It's not that." She says

"What is it?" I ask

"Rafael, he doesn't care. He didn't even notice I disappeared. I have no one." She says.

"You have me, you will always have me." I say as she looks at me. Her gaze shifts down to my lips and back to my eyes, before I knew it, her lips were on mine and for a moment I kiss her back, before I push her away and see the glass of alcohol.

I just hug her until she falls asleep in the sofa. I didn't want to leave her like this so I grab two blankets and put one on her. I fell asleep on her surprisingly soft carpet.

A/N
I really don't know how to add Eva into these next few chapters as Rafael and Jane focus on their break up. So these chapters until season two might be short

Thank you so much for 1k  reads