Chapter 29

Eva's Pov

Rafael called me thanksgiving night and told me he asked Jane out and she said yes. I realised I need to move on. I am currently on a blind date set up by a friend. As much as this guy made me laugh I couldn't feel a spark.

Third person Pov

"What about Eva? Why not ask her to babysit?" Xiomara suggests to Jane.

"I asked her but she is back in the dating world and apparently a lot of guys are asking her out." Jane responds making both Xiomara and Rafael's eyes widen. Rafael unknowingly grips the tablecloth

Eva didn't tell Rafael about all the dates since she thought a little distance would be a good way to get over him.

"Well good for her. She deserves someone to be there for her." Xiomara says. Rafael's grip tightened on the tablecloth, he felt a sinking feeling inside him."

"I really think we should hire a babysitter." Rafael says changing the subject as he lets go of the tablecloth.

Eva's Pov

It is Christmas soon and I am currently Christmas shopping. I get Elsa and Anna dolls from the movie frozen for my niece.I get cuff links for my brother since he lost his.I get stuffed animals for Mateo.I get a few clothes from my maternity line for Petra since she is pregnant wi twins she is growing rapidly. I get a pair of heeled boots for Xiomara a series of Angelique Harper's collection for Jane and a new pantsuit for Alba.

I'm wondering what to get Rafael which I thought would be easy since I know him so well but I can't think of anything. Then I remembered something

Flashback

I am currently reading a book over Raf's shoulder about these two kids who solve murder. Rafael and I bonded over this. We read this book every day every new book that came out we were the first ones to grab them.

When we all moved to the Marbella the books got lost and we were devastated."

Flashback over

I need to find those books.

After a few days of searching I finally found those books all the way in Germany. Turns out these books were not the most popular but we loved them.

After the books arrived I wrapped them and hid them. After the wrapping I got sent an article called the 'Curse of the Solanos'

I go to RAF's room when Jane and Mateo are leaving. The baby smiles and waves as he sees me and I momentarily forget about the article as I watch him go and I wave back. Then I face Rafael.

"Have you seen this?" I say referencing the article

"Yeah my agent's gonna get it taken down." He says

"Why did Jane look so upset?" I ask

"I paid someone to go to the cops and tell them that he let Nadine go." He says

"Did he let her go?" I ask

"Yeah he did. I overheard him." Rafael says

"Okay." I say.

"Okay?" He repeats

"I mean you were right to protect your family but he also did it because he cared about someone." I say

"That's... fair." He says and I call it a night