Chapter 40

Eva's Pov

After Louis and I called it a night. Xiomara ended up making out with Lina's bartender and now things are rocky between the two of them.

The next day Louis and I lounged around a bit before he had to go for work. I walk into Rafael's office right when he tells me that Barbra Fairwick is planning on selling her hotel. We both go upto Petra's room to tell her. When she opens wearing a robe.

"Leaping lizards." She says

"Petra, I just talked to Barbra and it's true. She's selling the Fairwick." He says and when he gets closer she jumps back.

"Anezka, why don't you get changed?" A voice calls out from behind her. I look to the voice to see... Petra?

There's two Petra's

"Wait what the—?" Raf says

7 minutes later Petra has explained everything to us about how their mother abandoned Anezka and she finally found Petra through an article about the Marbella in a magazine.

"That is unbelievable." I say

"I guess twin's really do run in your family." Rafael says.

"Thank god my post partum medication also helps with anxiety." Petra says.

"Wait so Barbra really wants to sell the Fairwick?" Petra asks getting back to topic.

"Yep. Lachlan overspent on construction, she fired him and now she wants him out. Which means I can scoop it up at a fire scale, increase our beachfront. And it's got the golf club, which is guaranteed revenue." Rafael says

"You can stop floating the Marbella." I say

"And our view will never be blocked." Petra says.

"Can you afford it?" Petra asks

"Not sure. But I am meeting with my money managers." Rafael says and he leaves

I run into Jane and Rafael on the way to my room. I wasn't feeling well, I got pretty dizzy and I need to lie down.

"Hey Eva say hi to Mateo for a bit?" Jane asked and I agreed. Any opportunity I can get to see that kid.

"Hi. Look, Daddy and aunt Eva here" Jane says as she opens the door.

"Hi." We coo at him

"How was it?" Jane asks Michael.

"Great. We had a lot of fun." Michael says

"That's great. Hey buddy, come here." Raf says as he holds out his arms for Mateo.

And that's when Mateo said his first worst.

"Daddy." Said the baby in Rafael's arms. We would be happy except the baby called the wrong man his father. We try to convince Rafael that it was a mistake when suddenly the dizziness comes back. I stumble a bit. Rafael noticed instantly.

"Hey are you ok." He asked me handing Mateo to Jane and walking over to me.

"Yeah, just a little dizzy." I say holding onto him.

"Well I'll take you to your room he says and takes me to my room when I just fall straight into bed and take a nap. I'm almost asleep when I notice someone tuck me under the covers and kiss my forehead.

It's the next day and I'm feeling better other than the constant feeling of being tired all the time. I still feel as though I'm not feeling well so I missed the meeting with Barbra and just stayed in bed with Rafael occasionally checking in on me and Louis texting me a lot. Eventually Louis came over and we cuddled in bed while watching cheesy rom-coms.