Chapter 45

Eva's Pov

The Marbella is under surveillance again. Michael was shot. My brother came over to the hotel to seal of the crime scene which was the Marbella hallway. I went to the hospital earlier to give the Villanueva's a change of clothes and coffee. Me and Louis were both in interrogated at the Marbella since we were together when Michael was shot.

After the police were done interrogating us we went to Rafael's room. He was on the phone with I'm assuming Jane. Mateo was in his hands who looked at me and happily laughed as he held out his arms.

Rafael turned around and I took Mateo in my hands. The baby still smiling. Right after Rafael hung up the phone a detective and my brother walked upto us.

"So unfortunately the security footage in the hallway was wiped out." My brother tells us

"What?" Rafael asks

"Speaks to a pretty sophisticated shooter. Or someone familiar with the hotel systems. You said you were here last night?" The detective asked him

"Yes." Rafael says

"Alone?" The detective asked him again

"No. I was with my ex-wife Petra." He tells the cops

The cop left to inform Petra that Rafael confirmed her alibi and ask her to look at some security footage. Me, Louis and Rafael sat down with Mateo still in my arms playing with his toy. Louis had an arm around me, also looking at Mateo. In all the chaos I forgot we were going to have a baby.

I notice Rafael staring at us with a sad smile. He congratulated Louis because he had already talked to me. They both started talking a bit. I was glad my best friend and boyfriend were getting along. The detectives asked Rafael to go talk to Petra, who was trying to escape for some reason.

We still had Mateo in with us. Seeing Louis interact with Mateo warmed my heart. He's going to be a great father.

My brother and all the cops headed to the hospital. Eventually we got the news that Michael was going to be okay. He woke up and he knew who shot him.

It was Suzanna. Michael and my brother's partner. That's when it occurred to me.

Where's Louisa