Chapter 75

Eva's Pov

After that night in the shower Rafael and I couldn't keep our hands off each other. Which led us almost getting caught a lot.

Jane was quitting her job at the Marbella to ghostwrite Petra's book. My boutique had officially sold out in Miami I had to order shipments like crazy which is a good thing for business. Rafael and I ended up celebrating in private that night.

Rafael still hadn't come to brunch when the kids started getting suspicious suddenly there was a knock on the door. The police showed up arresting Petra for the murder of Anezka. Later that night we sat at the police station waiting for Petra. We met Jane Ramos. Petra's lawyer.

The missing screws from the balcony were found in Petra's office. We got back to the Marbella and Rafael was there. Apparently Petra's book was canceled since the publisher had gotten wind off the arrest.

Jane had gotten a job at her previous school where she had a writing professor and was a TA. Also where she had almost hooked up with her professor. My brother was not happy about it.

Rafael had told me he got the interview for a commercial real estate gig and let's just say we celebrated a lot.

Petra's lawyer was working against her. Petra had called me after that and told me she had a sex dream about her lawyer. I told her to give her lawyer another chance, her lawyer already knew the case and now she's guilty about it.

Rafael had gotten an offer from the real estate agent and he turned it down to build another hotel on another property with other investors. He would manage it. I was so proud of him.

Apparently Jane's former professor is a creep who hooked up with a lot of his past students. Rafael had shown me his pitch for the other investors. If he really wanted to do this then I was all for it. But then something happened.

"What's wrong?" I ask him as I sit on the counter

"Chase cut me out of the deal." He said

"What? I thought he was your friend." I say

"I guess not. And I didn't legally protect myself so the VCs took advantage." He said

"I am so sorry." I tell him

"Yeah. But I'm actually okay. It's funny. I'm even still a little excited. So I put together a deal. Which I haven't done since the I found the Marbella. And I remembered I'm actually good at spotting properties and seeing potential. So this one didn't work out, but maybe the next one will." He says

"Wow. Yes, exactly." I say

"I know right." He says

"I don't know. For the first time in a long time, I actually feel like I have a plan." He says

"I'm really happy for you, Raf." I say

He picks me off the counter and moves us to the couch where we ended up falling asleep. No nothing happened.