Midorima Shinataro: Time

Start from the beginning

The song that I once sang and gave to you
is now just a sad love song, overplayed a time or two
Let the wind flow in and blow it away
Back to that time, that summer day when I fell in love with you

Suddenly, you started to cough. You were breathing heavily so Midorima quickly sent you to the ER since your heartbeat's been irregular. Half an hour, you were now out of the danger zone and is now sleeping peacefully.

Midorima's POV

'That was almost. I thought I was going to lose her.' I quickly checked my informations on her and the status of my research. I was almost there. I need her to be healed. I've fallen for her and now I can't bear the fact that I'm going to lose her if I don't do anything. That's why I've been pushing myself for her.

I contacted the America for any news but they said that they're still looking for the right doctor. Hours later, I got a call from Mr. Robert.

"Hello? This is Doctor Midorima."

"Doctor Midorima, this is Robert. We found him. He said that he had already encountered this. His flight will be later. Is she alright?"

"Yes. But she almost got another attack earlier. Can he really help her?"

"Yes. In fact, the patient that had this not long ago is now in the rehabilitation center. The patient was recovering fast."

"I see. Thank you very much Mr. Robert!"

"No problem. He'll be there by noon two days from now so please keep her at bay."

"Okay. Thank you again Mr. Robert."

I dropped the call and went back to (First name)-san's side. She was still sleeping of course so I quickly checked her vitals. She was recovering a bit but her pulse is still slow. I just hope that the doctor will help her.

The Next Day

I quickly went to her room only to see her reading some pocketbooks. I asked her to drink the medicine and did so then I faced her and smiled softly.

"We found one."
"Huh?"
"We finally found the doctor (First name)-San! You'll be healed now!"
"R-Really Midorima-San?"
"Yes. Finally."

I see her tear up a bit so I quickly wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. She held that surprised face which made me chuckle a bit.

"M-M-Midorima-san! What...what was that for!?"

"Once your done with your surgery, I'll tell you, so live okay?"

"Midorima-San...."
"Shintaro."
"Huh?"
"Call me Shintaro. No honorifics."
"Mm! Shintaro!" It feels nice hearing my name from her lips.

"The doctor will come tomorrow and we planned to have your surgery tomorrow as well. Is that fine with you?"
"Yes."
"I'll be waiting okay?"

The following day

The doctor from America, Dr. Damian, came. He visited (First name) and checked her vitals. After that, the operation occurred. It was held for 10 hours. It seemed a bit easy for Dr. Damian then after the operation, he told me that she's already cured. She only needed rest.

"Thank you so much Dr. Damian. I'm really thankful for it. You saved my patient's life."

"It's fine plus I see that you care deeply for the young lady. Treat her the best, doctor."

"I will."

I let her rest for awhile. It's been 4 days and (First name) is finally awake. She asked me to take her to gardens so I did. She sang again her favorite song while I just stood behind her listening.

When we grow apart, it's destiny
It's just how it was supposed to be
But I know that I'm not strong enough to accept that so easily
Each and every single answer that comes my way
Are sold at too high a price for me to pay
They rob me of the courage to leave it all and move on

The song that I once sang and gave to you
is now just a sad love song, overplayed a time or two
Let the wind flow in and blow it away
Back to that time, that summer day when I fell in love with you

"(First name)."
"Yes Shintaro?"
"Remember before your surgery. I said that there is something I have to tell you?"
"Yes?"
"Well...I...umm..I-I liked you-No. Loved you for a very long time now (First name) and,..I-I want to have you forever in my life. So will you? Marry me?"

She sat there gaping. Then she smiled with tears in her eyes and nodded.

"Yes." I hugged her and put the ring in her hands. I quickly kissed her softly. We paused then I gave her small kisses on the lips repeatedly. I love her lips. Her everything.

"I love you."

=END=