Midorima Shintaro: Goodnight

"Miss (Last name), we need to do the operation as soon as possible before it worsens. But as I told you long time ago, there will be consequences. Your body will undergo comatose and we don't know when you'll wake up. On the bright side, the problem will be removed."

"I see. Then, can you give me a day to spend time with my friends and family?"

"Are you sure that you will take it?"

"Yes. Plus I want to live a little longer especially with my family and someone important."

"I see, then the operation will be this Thursday."

"Okay. Thanks doc."

It was Tuesday today, as usual, you would go and have a check-up with your personal doctor. You were diagnosed with a tumor in your head and it was said that you have to take an operation before it grows. Even though the chances of you surviving were low, you decided to give it a shot. You trusted your doctor because he was a  family friend and he had been with you ever since you were 4.

You wished to spend time with your friends and family especially your childhood friend, Midorima Shintaro. You weren't sure if you'll make it so as much as possible you wanted to be with him even if he didn't like you back or something else. He would always say that you were like his classmate, Takao. Very noisy and irritating, but you knew that he enjoyed Takao's company.

The Next Day

"Shin~ta~ro~" You greeted him in the hallway. 

"What is it nanodayo?" He asked.

"Is it bad for me to greet you?" You grinned and walked beside him.

"No, it's not that. I just want to know why you want to annoy me this morning. I already have Takao to irritate me this early nanodayo." He asked before putting his lucky charm inside his pocket.

"Shin-chan!" Speak of the devil, here he comes.

"Ah! (First name)-chan! Yo! So what are you talking about?"

"Nothing really. I just want to greet him that's all. You would want to do that especially when you don't know when will be the last." You whispered the last part but was heard by Takao. He knew your condition and frowned at that but then forced a smile.

"Hey~ Shin-chan. Isn't it a bit rude not to greet her back?"

"I know that nanodayo! Anyways, why are you here Takao? Shouldn't you be with Miyaji-senpai? He was asking for you."

"Oh no! I totally forgot! Gotta go! See you later at lunch!" With that, he sped off.

'Sigh. Mou~ Seriously, Takao?' You turned back to Shintaro who was getting a small bottle of colored sand from his pocket.

"Hmm? Is that the lucky item for today Shintaro?"

"Ah. Oha-Asa said that I should bring a red-colored sand with me since I got third place in the ranking this day. Before I forgot, Oha-Asa's ranking for (Zodiac sign) is fifth. You should be careful nanodayo."

"Hmm. Okay! Thanks!"

The two of you went to class together. Since you sit beside him, you decided to tell him stories about what happened at home with your brother and father. He was just nodding while listening, after that you started to ask him questions.

"Oh. You never told me who Akashi-kun is Shintaro. It's kinda sad that I didn't get to be in the same school as you." He decided to tell you some of his middle school stories. Takao came and started to pester him.

"Ne~ (First name)-chan? Do you remember the guy with split eyebrows whom we played with in the Inter-High?"

"Yeah?"