Chapter 75

"You took everything away from me." Her voice became louder and louder as she spoke, "You ruined my future, I was shamed in front of the whole world, I lost all my opportunities, and you made me so close to giving up everything."

"Why didn't you?" I blurted out. My eyes stung as I thought about the day I found out that Yujun's death had been because of one of the people I had spent time with for several months, one of the people I tried to befriend despite their overt hate for me. "This was all just the consequences to your behavior from like a decade ago. You knew that one day someone would find out- that the whole world would find out. Nothing ever stays a secret, Minju."

"DON'T CALL ME MINJU. I'M CHANI!" she slammed the table and stood up.

"Believe what you want, but that doesn't change the past."

"Who are you to tell me what I did wrong? Who are you to have always gotten the spotlight- the glory- all the attention?"

"Who said I wanted all that?"

Chani screamed at the top of her lungs. "Stop talking back to me!"

I tried to stay calm. "If you hadn't done such a thing to my brother back then, he wouldn't have died. If he hadn't died, I probably wouldn't have joined this industry- not like this. There wouldn't have been the scandal from years ago that would 'ruin your future' and there would be no reason for you to suffer like this. You wouldn't have needed to change your name to Chani, you wouldn't have tried to kill me or anyone else. You probably could've become a top idol, you probably wouldn't have to be a part of f***ing Glorious Entertainment." My body was literally shaking from my emotional outburst. "It was that moment you decided to take things one step too far that messed everything up. You can't blame me, nor Minjun, or anyone else."

She screamed again and ran towards me, her hands in the air, ready to grab ahold of me.

Thankfully, Minjun was there to stop her. He pushed me back and held onto Chani, stopping her from attacking me. She pounded her fists against Minjun's shoulders.

"You f***ing b****. Stop acting like you know everything! You think I live this way because I want to? You think-"

The doors slammed open and two police officers ran into the room and got a hold of Chani. The police investigator from earlier also rushed in and looked at Chani in disbelief. He turned to me and Minjun and apologized.

I looked over at Minjun to make sure he was alright. His shirt and jacket were a bit wrinkled, but he seemed okay. He gave me a thumbs up.

I looked over at Minju- or Chani- or whatever, one last time.

She had calmed down, whether that was because she was exhausted or because she knew she had no power against the police officers holding on to her.

We matched eye contact.

"Minju unnie," I called softly. "I'm sorry."

And I rushed out of the interrogation room.

✩☽☆☾✩

I sighed as I placed an ice pack on Minjun's shoulder. "Why in the world did you say you were 'completely fine'?" I looked at him with an upset look. I had walked into one of the rooms in his apartment to see him checking his shoulder through the mirror. It was bruised up. "It would've hurt a lot. Especially when I was holding onto your shoulder earlier."

He pursed his lips as he looked at me with sorry eyes. "Sorry Yumi, but I could only think of making sure she didn't hurt you at the moment."

I sighed again. I knew his intentions and I was thankful for his actions, but that didn't stop me from being upset. "Are you not cold?"

He shook his head.

I lifted up the ice pack to check his bruises, they were still as vivid and colorful as before. What was I expecting? I asked myself as I covered part of my face with my free hand, not knowing what to do or feel. I placed the ice pack back down on Minjun, "What are we going to do? You literally have a shoot in two days, and I think you said you aren't wearing a shirt for the most part. These aren't going to go away in time."

He was silent for a moment. "They can be like kiss marks, you know? It's not like I'm single and it's not a secret," he said, smiling.

"Minjun!" I pushed him away, embarrassed.

He laughed, "What? It's not like it hasn't happened."

"Shut up!" I grabbed a nearby cushion and threw it at him. I grabbed another and hugged it, covering my face.

It was quiet for a bit, so I decided to take a peek. I lowered the cushion only to find Minjun's face right in front of mine.

He gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I love you."

I completely lowered the cushion and put my lips on his, just for a short second. "I love you too."