Chapter 39

🅵🅸🅵🆃🅷 🅰🅽🅳 🅵🅸🅽🅰🅻 🅼🅸🆂🆂🅸🅾🅽 (🄵🄸🄽🄰🄻🅂)

𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚙. 

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 ⟪𝙲𝚒𝚛𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚜: 𝙳𝚞𝚜𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝙳𝚊𝚠𝚗⟫ 𝚋𝚢 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚒 𝚈𝚞𝚓𝚞𝚗. 

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗, 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐. 

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚟𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚜. 

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔'𝚜 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗. 

𝙳𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚡 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜. 

𝙰𝚙𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎. 

𝙴𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝟶-𝟷𝟶𝟶. 

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚋𝚞𝚝.

Everyone sat in a circle in the practice room.

"Is everyone ready for tomorrow?" Lena asked.

The sounds of shuffling and fidgeting were the only sounds that echoed through the room.

"It's almost over now," Yuna sighed, half happy, half sad.

Her words reminded me of what Minjun had said.

"It's almost over..."

His voice echoed through my head.

"Yumi?" Hyeji peered over. "Are you okay? You look like you saw your death or something?"

I looked up, "Hm? Yeah, I'm fine." I looked around the room, trying to avoid my own thoughts. "Let's practice one more time."

Joori and Remi exchanged worried looks.

"Are you sure?" Joori asked. "You've been constantly overworking, Yumi."

"No no. We want the best results for everyone tomorrow."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in front of the mirror. I opened them and stared. I decided that the thoughts of Minjun weren't going to get in my way anymore.

I had hoped so.

✩☽☆☾✩

"Our rank 4 is Hyori with a score of 93 points." The MC, Park Gyehun announced. "Anything you would like to say?"

"I am so grateful that I was given the opportunity to take part in this show and also be able to debut, finally. It wouldn't have been possible without our amazing staff and wonderful trainee-mates."

Hyeji tried holding a scoff. She thought to herself, That does not sound like Hyori Unnie at all.

"Please move to our debut stands."

Hyori walked over to the steps, in which behind it, had a big sign that said, "Debut!"

"Next, our rank 3, who had the most online voting rates from the USA... Congratulations Hyeji. With a score of 95 she dominated rank 3 in all judges' scores, online voting, and live voting."

Her eyes widened and she covered her open mouth with her hand in complete shock. She turned over to me and I nodded, giving a sign that it was reality.

She immediately bowed down multiple times, exclaiming thank yous to the judges. "Thank you everyone for the support, and I mean everyone! My family, our managers, our CEO, and everyone around the world who have been rooting me on. Thank you!" She walked over to where Hyori was standing.

"Second place, with an overall score of 98 points... Please congratulate Remi!"

Remi broke out into a smile and it was probably the brightest smile I had ever seen her with. She gave her thanks and said how much everyone meant to her in Japanese before making her way over to the other debuting members.

"Now," the MC turned towards the remaining four. "Shall I reveal our last rank to debut or our first placer?"

I looked at the people around me and they were all holding up five fingers.

The MC looked at me, awaiting my response and I just nodded.

He smiled and said, "In rank 5, who is still given the amazing opportunity to debut, we have Miss Joori!"

She looked up from the ground, obviously surprised she had made it. I could tell she wasn't expecting much after she had stumbled and almost made a mistake in the choreo.

"Uh..." she stood before the judges with her mix right at her lips. She bit her lip before taking a deep breath. "Thank you to everyone who still chose to support me even after my small mistake earlier in today's performance. Given the wonderful chance to debut, I will do my best!"

I clapped, happy to see my closest friends making it to their debut.

"Before we announce our first place winner..." He turned to look at the three of us; Lena, Yuna, and me. "Could we hear a few words from each of you?"

Lena went first. "I have made so many memories here and I hope that I do make it to debut, but even if I don't, I'll know that I presented my best tonight, Thank you."

Then Yuna spoke. "There definitely have been some ups and downs in my life. From giving up my athletic career to coming here today, but nonetheless, I believe I have paths that I'm to take next."

"And Yumi?"

I raised my mic to my lips. "First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has been supporting me. Not just since entering this survival show, but since I was born. I want to thank everyone who has entered my life, not just if they made any differences, but even those who just appeared under my sight. Whatever the result is and whatever is going to come my way next, I won't avoid it."

"Now our final contestant to make their debut will be..." he smiled and hesitated. "Presented after our commercial break."

My family, who were watching from home, groaned. My unnie threw a chip at the screen. "Of course, I should've expected that," she huffed.

Soon, the commercials ended and the live broadcast resumed broadcasting.

"In rank 1, with a score of 100 points, we have... Congratulations for your debut, Choi Yumi!"

I looked up and around. And as they called my name, I heard nothing else.

All that came to my mind was my brother.

A small smile crept onto my face and a small tear rolled down my cheek.

I did it, Yujun. I did it, I'm going to debut!