Chapter 14

Joori, Hyeji, Minju, Remi and I sat at the dining table.

"There are a number of chores that need to be done in this dorm," Minju started. "And since we've got our final count of trainees in this dorm, let's get things settled."

I tried to keep myself from rolling my eyes.

Remi held a checklist in her hands as Minju started reading them off. "Yumi's in charge of washing the dishes and cooking for us, it seems like you know how to cook. Hyeji will dust the furniture and take the trash and recycling and distribute them. Joori will sweep and vacuum the floors." She peered over to the list, to see if she missed anything. "OH. Also... We need a person to do the laundry..." she pouted, pretending to be helpless.

I just stared at her for a few seconds.

"It'd be nice of someone to do it..." Remi mumbled loudly, waiting for someone to volunteer.

Joori sighed, "Fine. I'll-"

"How about we do our own laundry?" I emphasized. Before Remi or Minju could object, I said, "Okay, that's done." I stood up, "Then, excuse me." I shot the duo a look and I went back to the room I shared with Joori and Hyeji.

Soon Joori and Hyeji crept back into the room too. "Yumi!" Joori cheered. "That was amazing!"

"We can't do all the work, you know?" I hopped onto my bed, "If they're gonna be in this dorm with us, they've gotta do something."

Meanwhile...

"Who does she think she is?" Minju chomped on her gum. "We need to teach her a lesson."

"Minju, what if you cause another suicide?"

Minju shot Remi a look. "I didn't do anything! It was her who chose to just die." She thought for a second, "Plus I've stopped with that type of bullying."

"Then why are you trying to get rid of Yumi?"

"Just think of her like the producer's pet who's going to run through the older trainees."

"Really?"

Minju nodded, "We'll find a way for her to feel like she should leave."

And they walked to their room, too "stressed" to think about anything.

In our room...

"What is that?" Joori asked, walking over to my dresser.

"Hm?" I didn't look up from my bag, looking for my hair brushes.

"This," she tapped my black train case that sat on top and center of the dresser.

I looked up, "Oh... It's my cosmetics. Mainly things that I haven't used much, but it's my makeup stuff."

"Why do you have so much?"

"For a year and a half, I took part as a makeup artist for performers..." I lifted up the lid of the makeup train case, which revealed a bunch of eyeshadows, lipsticks, bronzers, compacts, and much more.

Joori's mouth opened wide. "Oh- my gosh."

"What's wrong?" Hyeji walked out of the bathroom and into the room.

"Look at this!" Joori pulled Hyeji over to the makeup case.

I just chuckled and continued to unpack the rest of my belongings.

"Can we borrow some of this?" Hyeji asked, all excited.

"When you need to, just let me know."

I could feel the happiness and excitement burn off of their aura.

"What's all this ruckus?!" Minju burst open the door.

"What ruckus?" I asked.

She shot me a glare, but I pretended not to notice and picked up my empty bag and slid it next to the bed.

"What's that?" Remi pointed to my cosmetics.

Before I could answer Minju walked over to it and inspected it. "Whose is this?" she asked.

"Mine, and I hope you understand that I don't want you to touch it."

"What?"

"It's my property, and I hope you respect that and stay away from it."

"Yumi-" Minju started.

"Oop. Look at the time, I should start cooking something for us to eat in a bit." I dropped the things in my hand onto my bed. "Joori and Hyeji, can you help me?" I motioned for them to follow me. "Then, excuse me," and I swiftly swept past Remi and Miju.

"Aish! We'll never tame her in this state!"

"Minju and Remi Unnie, could you please step out of our room and close the door behind you?" I called from the kitchen. "Actually, that wasn't a question. Please step out of our room and close the door, thank you."

"Whatever," muttered Minju as she dropped the objects back into the case. She walked into her room and flopped on her bed. "She's getting on my nerves..." she mumbled through her clenched teeth.

✩☽☆☾✩

Beep beep beep- I turned off the alarm.

It was currently 6 AM and I got up, getting ready for the full day. I found Joori and Hyeri peacefully sleeping and I was glad that my annoying alarm hadn't woken them up.

I washed up and got dressed in my school uniform before walking into the kitchen.

In the dorm's kitchen, I quickly made some kimchi stew and there was enough rice that was leftover from yesterday.

I set the medium-sized pot (with its lid) in the middle of the table, as well as four bowls of rice. A spoon and a chopstick for each person and a couple side dishes I had made the day before. I put a food tent over so that no flies would reach the food and so that the food stays warm for a bit.

By then, it was 7 AM, and I walked out the door, on my way to school.