Chapter 68

"What in the world were you thinking!" Changmin quietly-yelled as he clenched his teeth. "How can you be so irrational?! Did you not think about what would happen if people found out about what you did just now?"

"Oh, just shut up. As long as we don't say anything, no one will know. I planned it all too, so that no one can find out." Chani rolled her eyes and turned away, no longer feeling the need to be part of the conversation.

"What do you think you are?" He scoffed loudly. "Just because you were the star in a scandal and are making a big so-called comeback to get revenge makes you that important? Why are you acting like the main lead in a k-drama?"

Chani stopped walking.

"Well, guess what? You are nothing close to being the main lead, you will always remain as the side character- At the most, the villain."

Chani clenched her fists in anger. What does he know? She turned around and cocked her head to the side, "I will become the main lead in this story then. Just watch me."

"Just stop!"

Chani relaxed her irritated expression, caught off guard of Changmin's exclamation. "...W-what?"

Changmin himself was surprised to see that his inner feelings burst out. "J-just... I- Can't you just let things be? Why go through so much more? Just... be by my side. Like you used to."

Chani fell into Changmin's faint stare.

"Why can't you just let Yumi be? I'm not asking because of Yumi, I'm asking because you're going through so much trouble, and for what?"

"I told you before. She ruined my career, I'm not just going to stand still and-"

"It's not her fault. And partly, it's yours."

Chani's eyes burned, she couldn't believe her ears. "I-it's w-what? My fault?! How is it my fault?"

"If you didn't mess around with Yujun, you wouldn't have had to be in this mess."

Memories flashed in Chani's mind. Her head hurt. "I'll... I'll see you later." Massaging her head, she turned around and walked away.

✩☽☆☾✩

Chani sat at the dark corner of some place she didn't know. She thought back to Yujun, who Changmin mentioned earlier.

I didn't think you cared. I didn't know you were going through so much pain. I did it to motivate you, I was young then. I didn't realize... I didn't realize that my comments could be interpreted in such a way, she told herself.

"Cha...ni?" I poked my head into the room. "What are you doing in this dark storage room?" I walked over to the corner she sat in. "Great debut stage, you're a wonderful singer. You know that?" I smiled and handed her a bottle of corn silk tea.

She reluctantly took the drink.

"Is it hard?"

She said nothing.

"It'll get better. I promise. This industry surprisingly has its ups despite its horrible downs." I sighed, thinking back to the tragedies I faced during my stay in this industry. "But I know you're going to be amazing. As much as I dislike Glorious Entertainment, I think they made a nice choice to debut you." I felt my phone buzz. "Well... I gotta go. Good luck and I'll see you later at the final results!" I got up from my crouching position and quickly walked out of the room, checking the messages my manager sent me.

Chani stared off into space, looking forward. She watched my figure disappear from her view, she listened to the clicking of my heels vanish away. She clenched her skirt between her hands. What is she to tell me about such things? She's so... so... so full of herself.

"There you are!" her manager ran into the room. "Come on, we have to touch up your makeup and outfit before the final stage."

Chani sighed and stood up. She trudged back to her small, personal, backstage room. She was walking down the hallway when she stopped momentarily, watching me and Minjun laughing in the middle of our conversation. "Hmph." She marched away, annoyed to see Yumi so happy.

I caught a glimpse of her figure as she walked away. I noticed how familiar her figure looked.