Chapter 65

"So what are we going to do?"

Chani lay back on the burgundy single sofa of Glorious Entertainment's office. She observed her newly done nails as she smacked the piece of gum in her mouth.

CEO Woo stared at her from his desk. "Well, are you just going to sit around there all day?"

She finally looked up. But even then, she just stared at her boss.

CEO Woo sighed in hopelessness.

"Don't just sigh."

CEO Woo closed his eyes, trying to control his rising anger.

"So what are we going to do-"

"LEE CHANI!" the boss yelled, glaring at his artist. "Yes, we agreed on helping you debut and finally breaking OceanGold Entertainment's record of their artists winning on their first week of activity. But nothing is going to happen without your effort. Don't expect it to be given to you on a silver platter."

Knock, knock. Someone was at the door.

CEO Woo turned to the door, "Come in."

Changmin entered. "Hi, daepyo-nim. Did you need me for something?"

The owner of Glorious Entertainment relaxed his face, glad to see his top star. "Ah, Changmin. Just in time." He smiled, "Mind taking Chani over there to practice? Make sure all her choreography for her debut is 110% perfect. And then the rest of this week, make sure she continues practicing her vocals and record the first run of the song by the end of this week. If she wants to win Yumi, she needs to put in her all."

Chani rolled her eyes and stood up. "I can easily win her without trying."

"Well, we aren't risking it."

The pre-idol opened her mouth to say something, but Changmin butt in. "We will be leaving." He grabbed Chani's wrist and walked out of the office.

With the sound of the door closing, CEO Woo laid back in his chair. He massaged his eyes, "What am I doing..."

✩☽☆☾✩

"No."

Chani stopped.

"That's not right. How many times do I need to tell you this?" The dance trainer was practically yelling.

"I'm trying!" Chani argued back.

"That's what you call trying?" The coach asked in disbelief, referring to the plain dancing performed with little energy. "You didn't even get all the moves right."

"I swear I did!"

"Oh no you didn't. I have no idea how they're trying to debut you, there are so many better trainees than you. You have literally no chance of winning Yumi."

Chani turned to the far corner where Changmin was silently watching. She tried to signal him to help her out, but he continued to sit in his seat, silent.

"Again." The coach clapped, "We're going to do this over and over until you get it."

✩☽☆☾✩

Chani chugged her water.

"Were you this bad at OceanGold?" Changmin asked, walking over to Chani who finally ended dance practice. It was 2:02 AM. "If you were, I don't know how they managed you. They were stricter than us, no?"

"Unless you have something good to say, keep your mouth shut."

Changmin watched the girl. "You know, you should fix that habit."

"What habit?"

"The one where you always talk back. Watch out with that, who knows what that might do to you in the future. Especially when you add attitude to it."

For once, she stayed quiet.

"Why do you want to debut so badly anyway?"

She stared at him.

"Careful with that too. I don't know what other sunbaenims will think of you if you keep doing that."

"As much as I want to debut, it's not the biggest reason I want to."

"What?"

"Yumi destroyed my career. I'm just returning her the favor."

"You're still caught up in that? That was from so many years ago."

"I could've debuted then! But no, here I am stuck in this disgusting entertainment."

"Hey," Changmin furrowed his eyebrows. "Watch your mouth."

"It's not like I'm lying. You know what this company has done."

"Also, even if you were to have been part of the debut group, you wouldn't have been able to debut. You saw what happened to them. They got into a freaking accident in which all of their lives could've been taken away."

"But two of them didn't die. Who says I would've?"

Changmin felt like he would never get anywhere arguing with Chani. He stood up and began walking to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Leaving."

"Aren't you going to take me home?"

Changmin stopped as his hand rested on the door handle. "You should practice more. And go back to your trainee dorm."