Chapter 23

"What are you here for now?" I asked, picking up my bag and coat. I looked over at Minjun who sat at the end of the hospital bed, waiting for me.

"Just the usual. Get your medicine, take you to lunch, and-"

"Are you sure Manager Hani is having you do all this? Cause it seems to me that you're just doing it for..." I bit my lip. "Nevermind."

I saw a small smirk appear on his face, but he got rid of it with his usual smile. He lent out his hand, "Come on, let's go."

I just stared at his hand for a second before looking up at him with an "Are you serious?" face.

"What?" he asked.

I shook my head and began walking out.

"Wait up!"

I pushed open the hospital's entrance and took a few steps before I stopped. I looked up from the ground to see Manager Hani patiently standing on the concrete. "Manager Hani? What are you doing here?"

She smiled, "Where's Minjun?"

I pointed towards the back, "He's coming."

Just then, I heard the door swing open and Minjun ran up to us. "Oh! Manager Hani! Thanks for coming!"

I turned my head to him, "You called her?"

He nodded. "Let's go get lunch."

"What about her medicine?" Manager Hani asked.

Minju lefted a bag, "Already got it."

"When?!" I blurt out.

He shrugged, "Get in the car."

✩☽☆☾✩

"Thank you," Yumi thanked the waitress who brought their food.

"Do you two always come here?" Manager Hani took a sip of water.

I shook my head, "Not always, but usually. Their food is pretty healthy and they give an amount just perfect for a strict diet."

"You're still on a diet?" Minjun asked.

I gave him a weird look. "I've always been."

Manager Hani looked at Minjun too, with a strange glance. "Aren't you on a diet? I thought I told you to do so."

Minjun shrugged.

Manager Hani sighed and took a spoonful of rice. After she finished chewing and swallowing her food, she turned to me. "How's it going with treatments? Japanese? Do you think you can take part in the survival show?"

I smiled. "Everything's going quite smoothly. I got something heavy off my chest yesterday, so I should be fine. Teacher Akria says I'm doing well and treatments are just going like the usual."

"Why did Nam PD call you to his office the other day? Actually why were almost all the female trainees there?" Manager Hani put down her chopsticks.

Minjun slurped on his soup, but his eyes were focused on me.

"You'll find out soon. Very very soon."

"Come on, Yumi," Minjun whined, feeling disappointed. "I've been helping you so much, telling me what happened is the least you could do."

"First of all, I told you that I didn't need the help. And second, apparently you volunteered and Manager Hani approved."

I heard Manager Hani chuckle. "You are all so cute. Oh, I wish girls and boys could interact more at our entertainment."

I was about to say something when Minjun said something first. "They probably wouldn't be like this. We just have a past together that makes the atmosphere comfortable."

A comfortable atmosphere thanks to the past? Not so sure about that... I thought to myself.

"What past do you guys have?" Manager Hani asked.

Minjun looked over at me, wondering if he had the permission to explain.

I didn't give a sign of permission. Instead, I began explaining myself.

"I say that I was a figure skater and it's right, but I wasn't a singles skater. I know when I talk about my skating past, I make it sound like I was a skater in the Ladies Singles. In the beginning I was, but that wasn't the main part of my skating life." I pointed at Minjun, "He was my partner in pairs skating." I thought back to the night he revealed who he was, "I didn't know. Not until that night did he tell me."

Manager Hani's expression changed. "You mean the night before I called you guys into my office to ask if you were dating?"

Minjun and I simultaneously nodded.

"Well why didn't you say so? I wouldn't have created such a big understanding. I even told Nam PD-nim about it."

Minjun looked over at me. "I didn't think she wanted to let anyone know."

Manager Hani turned to me, awaiting an answer.

I nodded, "Yeah. It took time to process and understand what he told me. He vanished one day, no longer sending me letters on how he was doing. I missed him, but then I forgot him..."

"Maybe it was for the better," Minjun said, nudging my feet under the table.

Maybe it wasn't, I thought. "We should get going. I haven't been that active, trainee wise. I need to get ready, the survival show starts filming soon."