Chapter 69

The camera zoomed into the two idol MCs, Veronica and Ryu.

"Who will take the Music Bank trophy home today?" Veronica asked into her mic.

"Please show us the final results!" Ryu exclaimed.

On the screen, Minjun and my music video appeared and so did Chani's music video too. We were the two finalists.

The MCs took turns reciting what scores were being shown.

"First, we have the Digital Music points."

"And next, the Music Bank View Rating points."

"Now, we have the Global Fan Vote points."

"As well as our Music Album points."

"And lastly, Social Media points..."

"The artists with the greatest points, taking first place on today's Music Bank are..."

"Drum roll, please!"

The numbers for the total points spun, changing from one number to another.

The screen flashed and the winner's music video began to play in the middle of the screen.

"Yes, Minjun and Yumi! Congratulations!" the two MCs exclaimed in unison.

My mouth created an "o" shape, shocked and surprised.

The confetti popped and I slightly jumped. I would never get used to it.

Minjun squeezed me, rubbing his hands on both sides of my arms. I wasn't sure if it was to calm me down or because he was too happy. I looked to see him smiling.

I bowed to the MCs as they passed me a bouquet and the trophy to Minjun.

As the clapping died down, I raised my mic to my lips. "Um, I first want to thank our fans. Not just for swallowing the news really well, but continuing to support us and allowing this to happen today."

Minjun nodded. "Nam PD-nim! We told you it'd work out!" he happily exclaimed, looking into the camera. "And a big thank you to our OceanGold staff; our trainers, makeup artists, and stylists, but also my members who have helped me all the way here."

"And with a really grateful heart, to our families," I looked over at Minjun who just smiled, "Thank you for being our strength in times of hardships and becoming the pillars to help us become who we are today!"

Minjun and I both bowed, almost ninety-degrees, and exclaimed, "Thank you!"

"Yes, thank you for watching Music Bank today," Ryu said, glancing at his script. "Remember to watch the new upcoming survival show airing tomorrow at 7 PM."

While the MCs finished wrapping up their duties, I looked around giving small nods and bows to fellow idols. Until I saw it.

I instantly froze. My expression dropped.

There was a reason why Chani seemed so familiar.

Their posture, their side-profile, the beauty mark on her left cheek... It was the same.

Cold shivers ran up my spine.

Images flashes back and forth from this moment and the past.

Chani wasn't just an idol who just debuted from Glorious Entertainment. She was hardly new to the industry actually.

She was Minju.

Kim Minju.