Chapter 64

"About my next comeback..."

Everyone turned their eyes on me.

I sat in the meeting room with Nam PD-nim, Manager Hani, Producer Ji, Lyricist Bada, and several other composers and producers.

"What do we think about having Minjun and I doing a duet?"

It caught all of them off guard.

"For the title, I mean." I added to my proposal, "Or we could do it for a b-side, I guess..."

They exchanged glances with each other.

Bada unnie smiled. Knowing me well enough, she knew something was up, "What's your deal this time?"

I smiled back in response to her intentions. "Not too long ago, I ran into a Glorious Entertainment artist. As well as their soon-to-debut female rookie singer. Their plan is to release her debut around the time of my comeback- And I'm telling you, she's really pretty and I think she's been a trainee for a while. Her practice videos are pretty on-top..." I stopped myself from drowning the staff with details about a new possible rival. "Anyways, I was thinking that if Minjun and I performed together, it'd draw a bit more attention than making a comeback by myself."

"I'm not sure if I understand why you would need more attention..." Nam PD-nim said. "From what I believe, you have enough popularity to easily win a rookie idol."

"They said they'll make something happen, and I quote, 'so it becomes the first time you don't win.'" I shrugged, "They're up to something, and we know that Glorious is never up to good... Unless you think a duet will actually bring down the sales, would it be possible to push this plan forward?"

I saw doubt in some people's eyes, while others seemed like they wanted to hear more. Whether they liked my idea or not, they all awaited Nam PD-nim.

He remained silent for a few minutes, awkward silence washing over the whole room.

"What has Minjun said about this?" he finally asked.

"He just said he'd do whatever the company tells him to do."

Nam PD-nim went silent again.

I drew in a breath and opened my mouth to begin talking, only to be cut off by Kim Stay, a producer and composer I had worked with several times. "I don't think I'm the most qualified to say anything about this duet thing between Yumi and Minjun..." He lowered his voice as he looked at Nam PD-nim, who nodded his head in sign that it was okay to keep going. "But I just remembered an old song you once wrote out... It's not completely finished, but it does fit the concept of love and couples, which is Yumi and Minjun's case... Just like many fans now know."

Bada unnie brought her hands together in a loud clap and jumped up from her seat. "Yes! I remember that piece!" she exclaimed. "I remember you writing it, it was about us. You worked on it until we broke up," she bluntly added.

The whole room froze at her statement.

She turned to us and smiled, waving it off. "We were high school lovers if you didn't know."

Slowly, I nodded, awkwardly comprehending the situation.

We all looked over at Nam PD-him, slightly worried on the inside of his reaction.

But before we knew it, his lips spread into a smile, soon laughing and chuckling with the lyricist. "Yes, I remember too." He turned to Kim Stay and called with the producer's real name, "Sanji, you have such a good memory. That's news from like decades ago."

Kim Stay just shrugged.

Nam PD-nim cleared his throat and turned to me. "For one, I would have had much more than a bit of worry about this. Please, it wouldn't be because I don't want it to happen... Artists typically attract the opposite gender, therefore is why dating bans are common for the first few years."

I nodded, understanding his reasons. I knew where my idea was headed.

"But since the majority of your dating news has been positive, I think why not?"

I looked up in surprise, "Really? You're okay with it?"

He smiled, "Part of our goal is to win awards and all, but that isn't what we're truly after... Although we need the money and attention to keep a steady life for ourselves and our artists and maintain this agency, I hope for our artists to be able to reflect themselves in their music and share what they want. Like our agency motto; Gorgeous and free like the waves~'" The staff nodded in agreement. "Now it'd be a lie to say that you're only doing this to win, right?" he asked.

Without my control, the ends of my lips rose to a smile.

"Just like that, you'll create something with Minjun for once."

"She could've done it before," Bada unnie mumbled under her breath, playfully. She shook her head and said to herself, "Chose Jinu to fill the gap instead."

I looked over to her, thinking I heard something.

She smiled and shook her head.

"Well, that's set. We shall talk more in depth at our next meeting."