Chapter 29

🆂🅴🅲🅾🅽🅳 🅼🅸🆂🆂🅸🅾🅽: 🅅🄾🄲🄰🄻

𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐.

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗, 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎. 𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝.

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚞𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔.

𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚡 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜.

𝙰𝚙𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛. 𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎.

𝙴𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝟶-𝟷𝟶𝟶.

𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍.

Knock, knock.

"Come in."

I walked into the room, closing the door after me.

"Hello, Yumi. Ready for your consultation?"

I nodded and sat down across from the table Mrs. Vanessa sat at. "Have you looked into some songs? Or would you just like to see what I might recommend to you?"

"Uh, I have... a couple," I shyly told her, pulling out a couple papers from behind my back.

She smiled, "Could I see them?"

I placed them on the table so that she could read them. "I chose a couple songs that I'm either confident with or comfortable with..."

She looked over the small list of songs. "Oh great!" she exclaimed as she read across a song. "I was planning on recommending B4U's ⟪Hope's Lacking⟫. I'm glad we agree... How does that sound?"

I smiled, "That sounds awesome." I watched as Mrs. Vanessa typed something into her computer.

"You know the original singer of ⟪Hope's Lacking⟫?"

"Pardon me?"

She awkwardly laughed, "Nevermind."

I knew what she meant, but I pretended that I didn't.

"Why did you choose this song?"

"It definitely has a good range for my voice when I just make the key higher by one. And I believe that it can show off my singing."

"Ah... I see..." Her response was as if it wasn't the answer she was expecting from me.

Again, I knew why, but I pretended I didn't.

"Do you have any ideas for your apparel?"

I nodded and pulled out the digital tablet that the company handed out for the survival show. I showed her my sketch. "Something like this?" I described my outfit, "Maybe I could go for a gloomier look? With some black boot heels, a black dress with a white shirt over it... Maybe a beret?"