Chapter 7

Knock, knock. I knocked on the door that was labeled as the interview room.

"Yumi-ssi?"

I turned around to see the elderly woman. "Hello," I said as I gave a bow.

I saw her grin, and she opened the door for me. "Come in. You're right on time."

"Thank you."

She led me to a seat that sat across a table from three other seats, that weren't quite filled yet. "Just wait a few minutes, Manager Lee and our company's PD-nim will be here soon."

Nam PD-nim, I thought. He was the CEO of OceanGold Entertainment and rarely was he seen by the public.

I sat patiently, with my fingers fidgeting in my lap. Within the next five minutes, the other two adults walked in.

I recognized Manager Lee right away. She was always the one who wore red lipstick and gold earrings. Nam PD-nim, it was my first time seeing him. He seemed to be in his late late 40's, didn't have much white hair (maybe a few strands here and there), and he seemed to be well-fit. I could tell that he had a pretty good taste in fashion, and for a late 40-year old, that was a bit surprising. Well, maybe not since he is the CEO of the top Kpop entertainment.

I stood up from my seat, and greeted them with a bow. They nodded, and I sat down after they rested in their chair.

Nam PD-nim started chatting, "Hello, I am PD Nam, it's very nice to meet you." He turned to his right, then his left, "This is Manager Lee, and this is Producer Ji."

Producer Ji, also who I knew as the elderly woman, spoke up, "Yumi, we'll just be asking some questions, and all you need to do is answer. Ready?"

"Mhm," I smiled. I still felt a bit fidgety, but after knowing their names, I felt... calmer.

Producer Ji and Nam PD-nim pulled out clipboards and pens, while Manager Lee held paper. Which I presumed held all the questions they were to ask.

"Could you give a short self introduction? With your full name, grade, school, and major?"

I nodded. "Hello, my name is Choi Yumi. I am in 10th grade, at SeYeon high school, currently studying in the major of literature."

I saw the two adults with clipboards filling out blanks.

Manager Lee began once again, "Do you have any hobbies? Musical instruments?"

I thought for a second. "I don't really have specific hobbies, but I go skating often."

"Interesting... You were a figure skater? Am I correct?"

"Yes. I was a competitive figure skater for about 10 years, since the age of three until fourteen."

"Why did you quit?"

I hesitated. It was a question that I wasn't even familiar with, although I thought I had an answer, I wasn't sure. "I... I still love figure skating, but my heart found another dream. Another dream that felt that I wanted more than being a national figure skater."

"You can still skate?"

"Yes. I still go every once a week or so," I smiled.

"Do you have any favorites? Like food, music, artists, things?"

"I'm not a picky eater, but I do like kimchi-dubu (Kimchi & Tofu). I'm a fan of IU, love the scent and color of roses, and I love the stars."

"Do you have any other talents excluding singing and dancing?"

"Hm..." I thought. "Well, I can spin and jump on the ice... Oh, I know and can record songs, I know the whole procedures, how to set up equipment, and using a recording studio."

"Oh, really?" Nam PD-nim asked. "How so?"

"Uh, my unnie is a sound producer." I smiled, not knowing if it was okay to say.

"I see. Is that why do you want to become an idol? Or trainee?"

"Oh, well, I guess it could be part, but not really."

"Is there some other reason?"

I stuttered under my breath, "Maybe because it's for someone?"

"Pardon me?"

"Because I found singing and dancing to be my strengths. I want them to bring hope into this world with music." It was one answer, but all of a sudden I thought of someone. I shook my head, disturbing my own thoughts from entering. I saw all three of them smiling, as they quietly whispered together.

"Well, thank you Yumi for coming today," Nam PD-nim concluded.

"Thank you for having me here today. Am I free to leave?"

They nodded and I left.

"You two were right about her, she really is something. I'd love her to be part of our company... What about you guys?" PD-nim asked Manager Lee and Producer Ji.

"Would we put her by herself? Or a group?" Producer Ji questioned.

PD Nam stayed quiet. "Let's wait with those questions for next time. We'll discuss with the rest of the board members tonight about new trainees." He stood up, heading his way to the door.

"PD Nam?"

He turned around to see Manager Lee calling out. "Yes?"

"Don't you think Yumi could be..."

"Could be?"

"Maybe possibly-"

Producer Ji interrupted, "Choi YuJun's sister?"

Manager Lee nodded, "They seem similar, and her family's surname is Choi?"

Nam PD-nim came back into the room, "Remember what Yumi said? Quietly?"

Both women looked at him, not knowing for sure. "Um... I don't think so."

"She stuttered under her breath that she wants to become an idol for someone. Perhaps that someone is Yujun? From what we know, her application and interview, she quit figure skating three years ago, and that was after Yujun's incident. I think it could make sense, her whole goal could be to fulfill her brother's dream."

"I would think that her family would hate the Kpop industry? No?"

Nam PD-nim stared out the door that I had stepped out in earlier. "She's a humble girl, I've met her before, but she won't remember. I guess she could possibly hate the kpop industry, but..."

"But?"

"She enjoys herself, and I think she's willing to do as her brother wished for."

"Huh?"

PD Nam smiled, "We'll all find out. Soon."