Jade

Jade's POV

I sat in the dark for minutes. No one was speaking. In fact, I don't think anyone was there. All the noise of panic and chaos died and all I could hear was the loud pounding of my heart. I kept still, hoping that whatever it is out there won't sense me if I don't move. I was ready to burst into tears in so much fear. All I wanted was a decent day. But my day since yesterday was the shittiest. And now, it finally ends with me dying in a fucking restaurant.

Tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably. I hugged myself and sobbed silently. It was hard to cry quietly. It pained my heart ten times worse.

"Adam..." I found myself whimper.

Suddenly, I felt something cover my eyes.

"Ahhhhh!!!" I shrieked. I felt a cloth wrap around my eyes and pull me. I struggled to break loose but the guy handling me felt like he was too tough as I scratched and clawed at his arms helplessly.

"Let me go!" I struggled but his arms stayed tough.

Suddenly, my feet lifted up in the air. My chair was being carried. I felt so high up from the ground that I had to stop struggling to retain my balance. I couldn't breathe. My heart was pounding. In all my life, I had never thought that my last glimpse of light before dying would be darkness.

Which is the most ironic death there could ever be.

I felt the guy settle me to the ground but the cloth wrapped around my eyes stayed fixed. My eyes were hurting already. He... or she... Pulled at it too hard.

Just then, the cloth wrapping my eyes loosened and eventually fell. I immediately looked all around me to see who was the culprit.

But all I saw was pitch black. And there were no signs of movement. I felt even more nervous than ever. It's confirmed that there's someone inside this restaurant and he/she's the reason for all this panic. My whole body felt weak at the thought of everybody probably dead or hostages somewhere else. And I nearly felt myself faint at the thought of Adam being hurt.

I couldn't breathe. He's gone and I can't do anything about it. I was hostage myself. All I want to know is he's okay...

Fear enclosed me and I couldn't move. It's like being in a bad dream.

Only this is real.

Suddenly, I heard a sound. It was clear but the nerves and fear covering me made it hard for me to make out.

After a few seconds, I realized it sounded like an instrument...

A guitar.

Since my sight was disabled, my hearing sense strengthened. The sound was so clear and neat.

What the actual fuck....

The melody sounded familiar. The tone...

"Ms. Xena Jade... "

The voice was unrecognizable. I was so confused and fearful that I shook by all the overwhelming events and emotions.

What the hell???

The lights lit up. But it stayed dim. I could make out the tables and chairs surrounding me. The people that were once there were still gone. I was all alone.

Suddenly, the lights far in front of me lit up. And...

Tommy was there sitting on a high stool, plucking on his guitar. And Adam was there beside him on a high stool as well. Both their heads were down.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IN FUCKERY IS GOING ON HERE???

Adam looked up at me and sang on the mic.