Awkward

Rosie POV

It's been a week since Henry asked me to marry him and things have been awkward. After our conversation I thought we would be okay but Henry has been distant and I don't know if it's out of embarrassment or if he is truly hurt I didn't say yes. I love Henry more then anything but marriage is such a huge step and I don't think we are there yet but maybe he does and if we want different things I don't know how our relationship is even going to work. So I decided to give him some space. I've packed up my bags and I'm going to head home.

He's been in his office all morning, something to do with filming but I'm not sure what. I knock gently and open the door to see him on the phone. He waves me in and immediately notices my suitcase in my hand.
"I'll ring you back Adam"
He places the phone down and walks towards me "what's going on?"
"I'm going to head home"
"What why?"
"I'm healing and I think it might be good for us to have a little space"
"Rosie...."
"Henry something changed last week and it's been so awkward since, I don't like living with this tension. So maybe we just need a little time"

"Are you breaking up with me?"
"God no!" I cup his cheeks and place a gentle kiss on his lips "no Henry, I love you. You've just seemed distant and I haven't really understood why. But I think we both just need time"
"Rosie.....I...."
"It's okay. Really. I need to head home anyway, I'm running out of clean clothes so it just makes sense. I'll be okay Henry"
"Can I still text you, call you?"
"Of course you can, I told you I'm not leaving you. I'm just going home"

He nods "okay, if you think that's what's best"
"I do. Just for a little bit"
"Okay. Let me help you please"
I nod and takes my suitcase, I feel the tears welling up in my eyes because I hate the idea of leaving him but I know we both just need time.
I place my stuff into the car that I called and turn to see Henry wiping away tears. I pull him into a hug and he wraps his arms around me tight.
"I love you" I whisper and he hugs me tighter
"I love you too"
I kiss him softly and head to the car before I break down too.

Henry POV

I'm such an idiot, i have been pulling away from Rosie because I've been scared I pushed to hard with the marriage proposal, I just wanted to give her the space she needed and now she is leaving. I wish I could go back and never say anything about marriage, I'm such an idiot. As I see her car pull away, I stand there watching her leave.

Why am I such a fool? I've just watched the woman I love pack her things and leave because she thinks I need space. Why the hell did I not explain to her? Why did I just let her leave? I truly am a moron. I rush inside and grab my car keys and coat and head to my car. I drive off after her and hope to god I can explain why I've been distant and that is has nothing at all to do with her or anything she has done.