Opening up

Henry POV

I haven't stopped laughing since the minute we decided to play this game. I'm loving this party, the fact Rosie would do this for me truly means so much. I've not spent my birthday with my family in a long time and it's so nice to be with everyone I love. I notice Rosie talking to my parents, my mum hugs her tight and I see Rosie pull away smiling, she says something and then walks away, head down and I see her wipe her face. Is she crying?

"Guys I'm going to get a drink"
I walk away and head out to where Rosie has gone, hoping she is okay. As I get there I see her sat on the bench, head in hands and sniffing.
"Rosie?"
She looks up and I see the tears that have fallen, I sit down next to her and place my hand on her back.
"What's wrong?"
She shakes her head and wipes away the tears.
"Nothing"
"Rosie come on. Your sat here crying. That doesn't seem like nothing. Talk to me please"

She takes a deep breath and looks back at me "your mum she hugged me"
"Ok. Isn't that a good thing?"
She laughs a little "yea of course. It's just she hugged me like a mother would hug a daughter and she thanked me and told me she loved me and I've never had that before"
"What do you mean?"
"My mother wasn't exactly the loving kind. She never hugged me or showered me with love. She hated me"
I rub her back and stay silent, she is opening up to me and I don't want to interrupt her.

"She was horrible, she told me everyday I was a mistake and that I ruined her life. When I was 16 she kicked me out, told me I was old enough to fend for my self and I should stop sponging from her. But then she contacted me 2 years later and asked me for money. Because I owed her for giving me life" she laughs, not an actual laugh but more of a can you believe that.
She looked up at me with more tears falling "your so lucky Henry, you have such an amazing family who love you so very much and your parents are so wonderful."

"They love you, your apart of this family you know"
She nods "I know it just sometimes doesn't feel real. Feels like I should do more to earn my place I guess" she wipes away more tears, I hear her voice break. Wrapping my arms around her I pull her to me. Holding her tight as she cries into my chest. I stroke her back and kiss her head, hoping to comfort her in anyway I can.
"You don't have to earn your place, you are here because of who you are not what you can give us and Rosie" I lift her chin to look at me "you are more then enough"

I see more tears fall and she hugs me close again, I just hold her tight. I hear her whisper a thank you and I smile.
"Come on let's go get a drink"
"Okay"
As I go to walk she holds onto my hand and pulls
Me to her, she tip toes and kisses my cheek.
"Thank you Henry"
"Your welcome. I should be thanking you. For all this"
"Your worth it"
She giggles walking away back to everyone else and I can't help but watch her as she does. She is always so confident in who she is but to know she had a rough childhood and she is still standing makes me like her even more.