Celebrating

Rosie POV

It's been a few weeks since Mr Cavills birthday and I've been so busy, I teach dance lessons while I'm not doing Strictly come dancing and it takes a lot of my time. But this week my focus has been Henry. It's his birthday on Saturday and I decided to talk with his family so we could organise a BBQ for him. He would only want something small but I feel as though he should do something because he hasn't been home for his birthday in a while.

Today is the day, so I've finished setting everything up in the garden, I've gone for a silver and white theme. Just something simple but nice. I baked his birthday cake and decided to go with the theme for the cake too. I'm not a professional but I'm pretty good at what I do. I bring the cake and place it centre on the table.
"Oh Rosie that's beautiful, he's going to love it"
"I hope so. I just want everything to be perfect for him"
"It will be sweetie and I can't thank you enough for doing this"
"I wanted too. He deserves a good family birthday"

As we finish up all the last few things, Marianne comes to me to tell me he is on the way. All guests have arrived so we stand and wait.
Marianne and Colin insist I stand in the front so he can hug me first. I insist they do as there his parent so we compromised and all agreed to stand at the front with his brothers, sister in laws and nieces and nephews behind. We hear him shout through the house, trying to find everyone.

When he steps out into the garden, Kal in tow he hears a garden full of people shout to him
"Surprise!!!!"
I see him jump and place his hand of his heart and I can't help but giggle.
"What on earth?"
He heads straight for his mum and hugs her tight, going to his dad next who whispers something to him. He looks in my direction and smiles so big at me. He walks over, wrapping his arms around my waist as mine go to his neck. He holds me close and I feel his lips at my ear.

"Thank you so much"
I can't help but giggle "your welcome. Happy birthday Henry"
He pulls away and smiles at me, kissing my cheek gently. He then sees his brothers so head towards them. Marianne comes to me and smiles
"Thank you Rosie again"
"Your very welcome"
As the party continues I see Henry laughing with his friends and family. We've had a few fun games and dances tonight and everyone is having a great time.

I look over and see Marianne and Colin just watching there kids as they try to navigate twister of all games to play.
"Are you okay?"
They both look at me smiling "we are great. Rosie" Marianne stands and wraps me in her arms tightly. This hug isn't like the hugs I'm used too, it's a hug I've never had the opportunity to feel before. It's a hug from a loving mother.
"You have bought the fun back to this family and to Henry so thank you sweetheart. We love you so much"
She cups my cheeks and places a kiss on my forehead.

I smile "your welcome. I love you all too. I'm just going to check on the drinks"
She nods and I slip away, heading somewhere quiet while I try to sort out my emotions. I wipe away the tears as they fall and try to steady my breathing. I've never had that love before, that kindness or caring. My mother never showed me love so to have someone who isn't even related to me show me more love then I've ever had makes me so grateful.