I bit my lips as I pressed my ears to the door. I didn't rest my whole body on it.

" The Ivanovs, raised a very disgusting news, I lost a few of out partners due to it, thank goodness for the snipers, or I'd been a ghost." Lachlan spoke.

" I had them erased worldwide, why would she hire someone to impersonate you in a video helping human traffickers." Ferrell added, irritated.

" Andrea Ivanov is a cunning woman, I wasn't expecting anything clean. But we need to make her pay for it." Roxine said grimly. I pressed my ears against the door. He had never used that dark and deathly tone. It was like he was a completely different person.
Business man Roxine was darker, but wait-- he's always been darker.

" She knows we'll attack in vengeance but we need to be careful. Anger always ends badly. The FBI aren't making it any easier." Ferrell's calm tone said.

" Okay dad, " Lachlan said sarcastically. Leave it to him to say something rude. Fucking jerk.

" Show him respect Lachlan, we get the dirty names whilst you take glory as the blonde badboy, idiot." Roxine scolded.

" Ain't I the most handsome?,"

" Scumbag." Ferrel insulted.

" I brought the new deal, the one that will push us through the earth to space. Word says the Stonewood family aren't to be messed with." 

Everything moved so fast.

The door pulled open, causing me to be usherred into the study and land face flat on the floor.

I closed my eyes, ignoring the pain in my hands and knees but focusing on the holes burning inside my head.

First class embarrassment. Very smooth, Lana.

" In-tru-der," Lachlan began teasingly.

" Shut up, Lachlan," Roxine's voice boomed. I got up and dusted the dirt off my dress.

" I told you to stop snooping around people's business!" He banged his hand on the desk. I flinched, lifting my head, I met Ferrell's troubled gaze. What had I gotten my damn self into?.

" Easy brother, I don't mind her joining us. Very sexy, and innocent," Lachlan smirked. Okay if I didn't kill this idiot.

" I - I wasn't, I came to tell you I couldn't find your medication and I wanted to go home." I said in one breath.

" You could have waited?, No?, Are you always this way??" His voice was menacingly cold. His eyes glaring down my form.

" Can't you just stay put?"

" I-I- , it's already late, I didn't want to , I - ," I tried to defend.

" Roxine, she," he lifted his hand stopping Ferrell. I guess he couldn't save me ass this time.

" Peachy," Lachlan chuckled.

My heart fell into my stomach.

I sighed. I - I wasn't even,

Fuck I should have just left, I shouldn't have listened to their conversation.

" It's too late right?," Roxine approached me, his eyes fixed on me. I looked at my feet.

" Yes, " I whispered.

" Ferrell, Lachlan, you can leave." His eyes was burning into my head. They both got to their feet.

" I'll be seeing more of you then, little thing."

Lachlan scoffed.

My gaze fell on the medication on his desk.

Could I ever hate him any less?.

The thunder roared, loudly.

I jumped looking over his shoulder, rain pelting down on the glass.

" You had the medication all along?!"

" You weren't busy enough, I like my workers busy.."

" Pack your bags, we're going to Russia tomorrow." My eyed widened.

" What?," I frowned.

" You heard me loud and clear, Lana, we're going on a trip, and I need my caregiver there."

" But I need to be there for my father's surgery, I can't just go with you," I protested.

" Ferrell will take care of him, go live if he has to but you're going with me, tomorrow, no more arguments."

" Get to bed, it's raining and it's very late too, Miss Rhoades. "

The thunder screamed louder, almost like even the universe was against me.

Holy fuck.