Task Four - The Great Escape

The shift in the large room has changed the mood from a meaningful buzz to an untamable silence. Each gamemaker looks to one another in a childish fear, not one making a sound. The small shuddering soon comes to a stop and a loud exhale can be heard, coming from each and every mouth in the room.

The awkward silence follows, and stays put for a good moment, not a single sound being made or heard. That is until the doors swing open and loud footsteps echo throughout the room. As Elecsai Excalibur walks in, everybody gets back to work.

"Tell me that that was not another quake!" He hisses.

After getting no response, he turns to Epimethius and glares at him. "Antionne, check for damage to the arena."

"What kind of damage?" He asks as he begins to worm with a hologram in front of him.

"What kind? The kind that normally comes with quakes!"

Antionne nods and continues his work on the hologram.

****

A day has passed and the remaining tributes are left to roam the buildings, learning long ago that the streets are far too hot to live in. The anthem plays, along with the regular broadcast of fallen tributes:

Oliver Gray, Emily Blanchard, and Melody Rupert

As tributes begin to explore the buildings, some notice gaping crevices in the basements, and having no other way to satisfy their cravings of curiosity, they travel down, only to find themselves in a long, white hall. Along the hallway are doors that lead into testing rooms of sorts, with medical beds and supplies. They all recognize the place as where they were kept before the games began.

Each tribute has the facility mapped in the back of their heads and they try to make their way to the exit while the others are able to find the room they were kept in easily.

Some tributes meet up along the way, but for the most part, the tributes are isolated from one another, making no contact. The tributes who find their room find a note on the medical bed and as this happens, peacekeepers storm into the facility and capture all the remaining tributes. Could this be the end of the hunger games?

****

TASK: In this task, your tribute finds him or herself in the basement level of a building after experiencing a minor earthquake (not one large enough to crash down the buildings), it doesn't matter how. They notice a large opening in the ground, in which they must climb through to find the facility they spent the days leading up to the games in. Here is where you get the choice...
Option 1: Find The Room: Where your tribute tries to find the room they spent the few days before the games in. There, on the hospital bed, will be the note, that reads exactly, "You may have escaped the arena, but there's no escaping our custody." From there, your tribute gets captured by the peacekeepers.
Option 2: Find The Exit: Where your tribute tries his or her very best to find the exit to the facility, but no matter how hard they try, they can't find it. When the peacekeepers arrive, they may run from and fight them all they want, maybe even kill one or two, but of course, the peacekeepers will eventually have to catch him or her.

ARENA: This new area is the facility the tributes spent the few days before the games in. It is just like any other hospital, with white walls and multiple doors leading to the launch rooms.

DEATHS: ONE tribute must be killed in your entry, with the addition of TWO ballot deaths.

VOTING: FIVE will go up for votes and TWO will be saved, eliminating THREE.

DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 19th at 10 AM

WORD LIMIT: 1500 words

WARNING: I have been very lenient when it comes to handing tasks in, but this task if you haven't handed in more than once, I would advise that you do so because you will otherwise be eliminated. If this is the case and more than three are eliminated, then we will skip voting entirely for this task, and for however many more necessary.

As a special treat, sponsored tributes use get ONE extra ballot, use it wisely. Good luck tributes, and may the odds be ever in your favor!