41

Elliots Pov

Elliots Pov.

I fixed my blazer and swallowed hard as we entered the place the dinner was hosted. It was in the middle of nowhere, yet it was so fancy.

Santino gripped me by his side as he tucked his gun in his waistband. " Mr Romano, Mr Corlen.
I have collected everyones weapons and made them walk through the detectors, sharp jewelry has been removed and drinks they brought has been gotten rid of."A man spoke very quickly not missing a word while bowing.

Mr Corlen?

"Thank you very much Mathias, please do check up on the security, make sure they guard everywhere. If there is a delay.. you know what will happen." I jumped feeling his nails in my side

"He called me Mr Corlen.." I cringed holding tight to Santinos hand.

"Well yes we were originally supposed t-"

"Ah Santino! Just the man I want to see!" An older guy stalked towards us holding a big glass of beer. His dark eyes shifted to me and he grinned.

"Oh hello! You looks just like your mother! She was a jewel." He took my hand and brushed his lips across my skin. The touch was cold and unpleasant.

My eyes flickered to Santino and I shrunk myself against him.

"Sam.." Santino says his name through gritted teeth.

"Hey calm down bud, your father invited me, he said something about old times, yknow cause old times.. old people.. alive.." He knew something and by the looks of it Santino did not want him to know what he knew.

I wasn't exactly new to mafia life. It was full of lies,murder and conspiracy. Ive heard stories of the way certain leaders treat their women, their children. Child marriage, arranged marriages.. child mothers.. Their life was terrible, especially being a heir to the chair. You're always watched, you have No childhood and all you do is train. Luckily Santino had a childhood despite the secret training that he thought he could hide from child me.

I would watch him in admiration, I wanted to be as strong as him. I remember he would come back with bruising and I would always try to play doctor and try to 'heal' him.

My father was in lead with his father, they were known as Italys deadliest duo. I was next to rule with Santino but my mother didn't want me to, I was years too late for training. My father was absolutely livid at that. He was jealous of Matteos accomplishments.

I remember there was times he'd 'attempt' to train me and my mother cause we weren't like the Romano family. It wasn't training though, it was plain abuse.

His abuse left scars but it made me stronger.

We were originally from America but moved to Italy when I was about seven, the year before my mom died.