Chapter 48: Epilogue

A young girl walks with a man on the grounds of the Konoha Cemetery. They walk deep into the cemetery, passing by many headstones until they reach one that looks over the others.

"Papa, what was he like?" she spoke softly with curiosity.

The man was hesitant and as he lost himself thought he laughed and turned towards the young girl, "Ah, let's sit down. There is so much to tell you." The man guided to a nearby bench and they both looked towards the blue sky. "Hmm, where can I start?"

The looming clouds shielded them from the harsh sun, softly grazing the grass below their shoes, "Well, once upon a time, there lived a fox spirit with nine tails..." The birds chirped and flew just below them, they seemed free, "...and he was so powerful that whenever he shook those tails, landslides and tsunamis would result." As cherry blossoms fell onto the headstones, they sunk into the grass and nurtured it, "The suffering people gathered the Great Shinobi clans to fight this menace. Finally, risking his life, one ninja was able to imprison its soul. Having defeated the demon, the brave shinobi died." The headstones shimmered in the new light of the sun, as it praised the souls of those beneath its surface, "That shinobi was the Fourth Hokage, the fire shadow, Champion of the Village Hidden in the Leaves." It seemed as though the garden's tomatoes were now ripe and gave a comforting glow to the things around it.

The man turned towards the young girl with a smile. She had wonder in her eyes as she looked back towards the man.

"This is the Tale of Naruto Uzumaki."