Chapter 16: The Child Of Prophecy

As I looked onto Shinki, I couldn't help but feel as though he thought of me as a god. I wasn't a god.

Suddenly, I felt as though everyone's eyes were on me. Every shinobi inside and lining the crater were cheering for my efforts. I smiled before looking back up to where Kaushiki was.

He was gone.

I gritted my teeth together as I realized I missed my chance of defeating and ending this once and for all. He just slipped through my fingers. Suddenly, I felt the rage course through my body, and the ground began to shake beneath me, each sand particle lifting from the ground. If I was only fast enough, I could have...

"Saruto!" I heard a stern voice from behind me.

Surprised, I was met with my grandfather's authoritative gazes. He looked at me with seriousness. Immediately I understood that my emotions were tied to my chaos chakra and if I gave into them I wouldn't be able to control myself.

Seeing their hostility towards me, I softened my clenched fist and let out a deep breath.

Looking around me to see scared looks on Shinki, Choban, Choji, Temari, and Shikadai faces, I understood what I was doing.

"I-" I croaked before my grandfather, Sasuke, walked up to face me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I flinched scared of my powers but I could only see sympathy and kindness in his eyes.

"Calm, yourself," Sasuke softly spoke.

Nodding, I looked at him with a weary smile.

"I'm okay," I reassured.

He smiled back as my grandfather, Naruto, approached behind him with a soft gaze.

"Good," Sasuke warmly said.

Suddenly Shinki walked up to where we stood.

"Thank you," he said reassuringly, "You saved us."

Acknowledging him, I felt my grandfather's hand brush off my shoulder. He then stood back with arms crossed and acknowledged Naruto stepping up the highest point of the crater. As shinobi flooded into the crater, they all looked to him for his words. All them looking up to their leader.

I watched as my grandfather took a deep breath, clenching his eyes closed. Memories of his past flooding his thoughts. As I stood beside my grandfather, Sasuke, we looked at him, ready for his words.

"Just four decades ago, the five shinobi villages united to fight after decades of fighting each other to face the threat of Madara Uchiha. I was nothing but an outcast from Hidden Leaf. Today we fight again, standing on the ruins of the Hidden Sand, as I united force against the cosmic threat of the Otsutsuki," he spoke, projecting a strong force throughout the ruins of the Hidden Sand, "I stand before you today as Naruto Uzumaki, your Supreme Leader of the Shinobi Alliance. Kaushiki Otsutsuki is our enemy and we are all united by that fact. You stand on the graves of other shinobi before you that have fought for this world. For your lives! I want to protect my family, friends, and this world! Protect our future! Are you with me!"

Suddenly the cheers of the thousands of shinobi that filled this battlefield echoed in a loud uproar. They called out for their leader and their fallen comrades.

Looking up to my grandfather, I was shocked to see a smile on his face. He was a natural born leader. In the corner of my eye, I saw Sasuke give a snarky smirk as he saw his oldest friend in this light.

The boy whose words could change that most hateful person. The Child of Prophecy. Savior of this World. Hero of the Hidden Leaf. Boy of Miracles. Konoha's Orange Hokage. The Supreme Leader of the Shinobi Alliance.

This was a once in a lifetime thing to witness.

This was Naruto Uzumaki.