Chapter 27: The Uzumakis Versus Kaushiki

"Kaushiki!" I challenge, "It's just me and you now!"

Kaushiki's eyes boil as he lunges at me with white chakra knife. Swiftly dodging every strike, I move my head back and forth with ease as I traverse back and side to side. Creating lightning knives, I imbued it with Sage chakra and swung it back at him, throwing it up above him as he aims for my wrist and then catches it down below. Throwing it to my other hand, we attack each other with taijutsu at inhuman speeds. As we both grunt at each others failed attempts at landing a blow, I remain focused on the white chakra knives, remembering that even with a single scratch, I will die instantly. As our fight trails on as we almost evenly match each other, I begin to feel my Sage Mode begin to weaken, feeling the cloak begin to weaken. As my feet move swiftly through and away from him. I play defensive, dodging his gaining efforts. I wouldn't last much longer if I kept this up. I felt more and more tired as I traversed and scaled the walls of the crater of Sunagakure.

I watched as he formed a maniacal smile as he noticed my senjutsu beginning to wane and began to swing his knife harder and faster. I begin to pant as my heart sinks when my foot loses its footing and begins to fall. My life flashes as I see the white chakra blade heading towards my neck. Kaushiki's face of a devilish grin. Boruto, I will see you again. Closing my eyes, hearing an ear splitting and recognizable sound.

"Rasenshuriken!" A voice revivals the crater as it hits the white chakra blade, shattering it.

Seeing it shatter, I watch as the shards explode in the air and I reactivate the Ichibi Mode to protect myself from the shards. Swiftly I evade them, my Ichibi mode protecting me. Flipping over to where my father lands, I stand by his side as Kaushiki looks towards our direction in disgust.

"The Seventh Hokage," he smirks as he straightens his posture, "We finally meet."

Looking over to my father, I see his eyes glued on Kaushiki. This was the first time they were facing off. He seemed unimpressed and angry with Boruto. Kaushiki had killed his son, my brother.

"I'm not impressed, Kaushiki," my father responded in disgust.

Kaushiki's devilish grin disappears as he frowns.

"You will be when I kill your daughter the same as your son," he pauses as he maniacally smiles, "like a dog."

Suddenly a fear grows over me as a strong and vengeful chakra radiates of my father in waves. Looking over to him, I see his Sage Mode activated with two clones behind in the same manner, each with mal intent and sinister gazes.

Immediately Kaushiki and my father lunge at each other and he forms a Rasenshuriken ready to destroy Kaushiki's other white chakra blade. However, at the last minute my father expands the Rasenshuriken and attacks the white chakra blade. Kaushiki swiftly evades it with a taunting smile. But my father dissipates in the air. A shadow clone. Kaushiki's eyes widen and my father appears from his blind spot colliding the Rasenshuriken with his side. I then appear, creating a dust cloud with wind style to obscure Kaushiki's vision. Then my father uses his senjutsu to hurl Gamabunta in my directions, and the giant toad swallows both Kaushiki and I. I then use my remaining senjutsu to form my Spiraling Serial Spheres and ram it into Kaushiki, destroying his arm and white chakra blade. Gamabunta then regurgitates Kaushiki as well as myself, with my Sage Mode completely deactivated. Confirming that I have run out of natural energy

Reforming his arm and igniting new white chakra blades now white chakra swords in his hands, he wipes his mouth and gives us a taunting look.

"You cannot defeat me," he says with full malicious confidence, "I am an immortal."

I then narrow my eyes at him as my father and I surround him. My father then tosses his scroll to me in which I summon his shadow clone that was gathering natural energy back at Mount Myoboku. The clone then appears by my side. My father then dispels the clone as I absorb the clone's gather senjutsu, reverting back into Sannin-Ichibi Mode and resuming my fight against Kaushiki. My father then forms another Rasenshuriken and hurls it towards Kaushiki. However, Kaushiki absorbs the technique. Immediately we both leap away to keep our distance and prevent our senjutsu from being inevitably absorbed. As we collect ourselves, my father looks to me, devising a strategy.

My father then creates two shadow clones and has them form a Rasengan in each of his hands, and then he has the clones drop a pallet of red smoke. I compliment his movements as I come to his side and transform the Rasengan, imbuing it with Shukaku's chakra and he throws it into Kaushiki's direction. Kaushiki smiles confidently without knowing our plan is to have him catch it and attempt to absorb it. The fake Ichibi Rasenshuriken promptly reverts back into his shadow clone form just before Kaushiki can catch it, and since Kaushiki's weakness is physical attacks, Kaushiki is sent back towards the base of the crater by a devastating blow.

Getting up from the rubble, he grits his teeth and activates an ability that my father recognizes all too well.

"Shira Tensei," my father whispers under his breath.

Looking back into Kaushiki's direction he pulls the two of us to him. As we stand suspended in the air helplessly, he awaits as pulls out his hand to absorb our senjutsu.

Suddenly the ground shakes as something collides into the ground. Kaushiki then looks in the direction of the impact, still holding us suspended in the air. The cloud of dust dissipates revealing one of his colossal celestial zetsu puppets incapacitated. Feeling a familiar chakra, my eyes widen as a man emerges from behind the colossal celestial zetsu puppet. A man wearing a violet infinity scarf and belt, white overalls with his chest exposed, and black vest trench coat emerges from the dust. I smile as I see the roman numeral IX under his left gray eye. As his bushy black hair with sides of which are shaven and blonde in color flows in the wind, a spear forms from his hands as he looks down at us.

"Kawaki..."