Chapter 18: Ino-Shika-Cho Again

On the northern perimeter, I eyed down the Second General, his long black braid dragging in the dirt beneath his feet. His abilities were still unknown to Intelligence, so I knew I had to be weary.

Suddenly, Inojin and ChoCho emerged at either side of me and we exchanged determined glances.

"Ha! What mere mortals!" The Second General mocked as he looked onto us with disgust.

Not acknowledging his remarks, his face narrowed as he stared at us with sinister intent. Looking into his eyes, I realized one was blue and the other red. Something was different about him that made unique to the other Otsutsuki Zetsu Puppets. I had originally calculated what I was going to do by myself against him. But within seconds of Inojin and ChoCho's arrival, I had already made revisions to accommodate them in the battle plan.

"Aren't you listening to me?!" he whined.

As my head cocked to the side, I realized that his demeanor had changed since his words before. Like one was Confident and the other Skeptical. Two personalities in one body.

"Ah! Fuck it!" he spoke in a flash clasping his hands together.

We watched in horror as his body split in two and organs stretched from otherside of his split body.

"Ew!" ChoCho croaked, putting her hand over her mouth.

"That's not very nice, y'know!" The skeptical side spoke saddened.

"Wanna taste?" The Confident side spoke.

Within seconds, they were two separate halves and had formed into two bodies. Skeptical with blue eyes and Confidence with red eyes. My theory was sound.

"Ugh!" ChoCho spoke, rolling her eyes disgusted.

"ChoCho shush!" Inojin barked at her.

ChoCho maintained her uncomfortable demeanor towards the transformation.

Little did they know, during their transformation, I was using my Shadow Imitation Technique to attempt to sneak up from behind them to ensnare them. Confidence and Skepticism, however, managed to notice it and dodge at the exact time.

"Damn!" I cursed at myself.

As they evade the shadow, I then throw two kunai equipped with explosive tags at them. To my surprise, Confidence and Skepticism are caught by the blast but manage to survive due to the immunity.

As Confidence and Skepticism move out of the path of the Shadow Imitation that I chase them with, I then proceed to pull out Asuma Sarutobi's chakra blades that I had gotten from Big Sister Mirai, at their shadows, freezing them in place.

"How!" Skepticism blurts out in rage.

"I imbued my chakra within the blades and adde explosive tags to them," I smirked back with a smug gaze.

Immediately, Skepticism begins to cry in a rage.

"Since the blades carried my chakra, by extension they are given the abilities that I possess, thus catching you two in a trap."

My eyes then drift to Confidence who remains a sinister smile. What was he thinking?

Using my Shadow Gathering Technique, I used my shadow to remove the chakra blade piercing Skepticism's shadow while connecting it with my own Shadow Imitation to it.

Now in control of Skepticism, I have him pick up his Otsutsuki bo-staff and rush towards Confidence, in an attempt to kill him. However, my eyes widened to see Confidence's detached arm burst from the ground, he removed the chakra blade and freed himself. Evading his other half's attack.

I'll admit that I was not prepared for Confidence to be able to operate his limbs independently but I guess I should have known due to their origin of creation.

"Strike Confidence!" I ordered ChoCho.

She nods.

"Spike Human Bullet Tank!" she yells rolling up into the ball and catapulting herself at him.

In an instant, Confidence uses an Earth Release: Earth Spear to harden his body to survive ChoCho's Spiked Human Bullet Tank.

This allowed Confidence earth-natured chakra through all or parts of his body, causing it to become noticeably darker, all while increasing his defensive power to become as hard as diamond. As such, this allows him to easily be able to withstand most attacks with little to no damage, with the exception of Lightning Release ninjutsu. Furthermore, the destructive power of physical attacks is increased, making this a great all-purpose technique.

I feel myself begin to sweat as I reach my limit to hold Skepticism in control. Evading ChoCho, Confidence looks to Inojin and I to finish us off with a malicious smile. He then inhumanely crawls to us before Inojin forms a Ink Technique Cutter. Spinning around him, Inojin pierces him through the abdomen.

Confidence then grows limp to the ground and Inojin smiles thinking that he had struck him down. Suddenly, Confidence contorts back in a maniacal laugh.

"He survived!?" Inojin curses surprised.

Tearing off his Otsutsuki robe, he reveals the wound is completely healed.

Suddenly, I wince in pain, as Skepticism electrocutes my shadow causing me to lose focus. Breaking my jutsu, Skepticism runs at Inojin and they engage in a knife fight.

Suddenly, my eyes flinch to Skepticism who strikes my with a Wind Release: Pressure

Damage. Sending me flying back ChoCho catches me.

"You okay, Shikadai?" she says, concerned.

Rubbing my head, I looked up from where I laid in her chest, "Yeah, it's a drag."

She smiles warmly before we are alert to an incoming Lightning Release: False Darkness.

With this Confidence emits lightning in the shape of a spear from his mouth, which then pierces the enemy. Its destructive power is great enough to even pierce through rock, meaning it has a high killing potential. Confidence can increase the number of spears to attack multiple enemies. This, coupled with the sheer speed of lighting, makes it a difficult technique to evade. This technique is capable of being focused into a straight beam, similar to a laser.

Caught off guard, we prepare to receive the blow before Inojin arrives just in time and manage to absorb the blow with one of his Super Beasts.

Looking at Inojin, we exchange a look of gratitude before he directs his attention to his fight with Confidence.

"Heh, you're a tricky one aren't ya!" Confidence praises Inojin.

"You've seen nothing yet!" Inojin smirks back which catches Confidence in a rage.

He then lands a blow to Inojin's chest, sending him flying back to ChoCho and I's position. Helping him to his feet, we look to Confidence who sends a Fire Release: Intelligent Hard Work at the three of us.

Confidence fires a small fireball that erupts into a giant fire-storm after making contact with a surface, causing widespread destruction to the area. Since the flames travel along the ground, and cover such a wide area this is a difficult technique to evade. When combined with Wind Release: Pressure Damage, this technique is amplified to the point of being able to evaporate a large amount of water in an instant.

Suddenly as the dust settles, I look up to see ChoCho's Expansion Jutsu concentrated into her arm. Retracting her arm back, she winces in pain at the burns to her right hand and arm.

"We have to regroup!" I ordered.

"But-" ChoCho and Inojin argue.

"Now!" I spoke with urgency.

They both then nod in agreement and we lean off the edge of the cliff, falling into the crater.

Immediately we were picked up by Inojin Super Beast Birds, flying us away.

I grimaced as I saw Confidence and Skepticism merge back into the Second General, I had a huge smile on his face.

"Damn it!" I cursed.