Chapter 47: Naruto Uzumaki

As the morning sun began to daybreak, the dust had finally settled. Immediately, my mother and I jumped from the cliff and ran across the dirt. It was like we were chasing the sun. As our sandals hit the ground, we stretched forward in a blur. It was like my entire world was spinning. In the distance we say a shadow in the sun sitting down next to a rock. He was hunched over. Grandfather.

As we got closer we noticed that it was Naruto sitting next to Sasuke. No.

Reaching them, my mother lost all her strength in her legs and collapsed to her knees. I was quick to drop to one knee and hold her. She held her mouth like she was going to cry out. As she looked to her father whose eyes were closed and had pale white skin, she lunged for him.

"Papa!" she cried as she threw her arms around his neck. There was a white chakra receiver in his chest. The white chakra, just like my father. He was gone.

I wished there was something I could do, but then I remembered what Sage had told me,

"My child, you have the power to bend the will of this universe at your fingertips. Time, reality, power, soul, chakra, all of it."

I remember her warm touch as she brushed her palm on top of my cheek. I felt her pure chakra and how it radiated and felt drawn to mine. We were the same.

"But you should never use this power for yourself. Like my daughter before you, her selfish desire to save the ones she had loved, sent her down a path of corruption and evil. The purest things in this world can so easily be tainted by the temptations of this cruel reality. That is why you must be different. If you go down this path, what has happened today will happen again. The Reincarnations of Sun and Moon will repeat itself. You must change this curse of hatred.

Beginning to tear up I turned to Naruto, who was panting and looking at Sarada. He wasn't sad. Or mad. Or glad. He seemed lost in his own thoughts. Like he was here with someone from another plane. I felt their chakra. But I couldn't quite put my finger on it. All I knew is that they were watching over us like a guardian angel.

Suddenly he winced in pain as he reached for his eye. His eyes. The Sagenegan. But that means...

"Grandfather..."

He then looked at me and smiled. It was an awkward smile as he had time to show anything better than that.

Soon we heard a herd of footsteps coming up from behind us. Turning around I was met by Aunt Hima, Kawaki and Kakashi-sensei as well as the entire shinobi alliance behind them. They all stood in silence and in sadness.

"Is everyone okay?" he spoke with a shaky voice.

I nodded before Hima and Kawaki walked up next to me and then dropped to one knee.

"Dad," Himawari softly spoke with sadness in her voice. I watched as Himwari moved closer to her father and held his hand. It was an act of strength that he could even keep himself upright. He smiled at Himawari and then turned to Kawaki who avoided his gaze. I watched as Kawaki struggled to return my grandfather's gaze.

"Kawaki, my stupid son," Naruto said, which caused Kawaki's eyes to widen and look at him.

Finally, looking at him, Kawaki's eyes saddened. Himawari then looked up to him as well and smiled with sadness in her eyes. She then reached out her hand to him.

Funny thing is you never truly miss something until they're leaving. For so long Kawaki had distanced himself from his family because he thought he needed to punish himself for his mistakes in the past. He thought he was sparing his family from himself. But little did he know that all they wanted was him. If my father was here, what would he say to him?