Chapter 23: The Four Generals

"Saruto, Sarada, follow me!"

Both my mother and I nodded as we followed him into the fight. Closing in behind him, the three of us were in a "V-formation" as he cut through the line of enemies and allies. With Sasuke at the front. Acting on his lead, I slashed and took out Zetsu and puppets. We wasted no time staying in one place, our movements were swift and with a purpose.

From the corner of my eye I could see my mother activating her Bakugou and Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. It glowed green around her eyes as it healed herself. She is the only Uchiha in all of history who was able to maintain the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan without taking someone else's eyes. Because of her Bakugou she would not go blind.

Soon we reached a portion of the fighting where the enemies were being instantly toppled over and blown away. As I looked over the crowds of fighting shinobi, I could see puppets flying in the air.

I followed as Sasuke headed for that area and passed close to it.

"Temari!" Sasuke yelled, " Can you clear a path?"

As the fight finally came into view I saw Temari and Shikadai Nara as they used their wind-style. As Shikadai weaved signs against a group of zetsu, he stood back to back with his mother who wielded her infamous fan. His fighting style complimented the left side of his face due to the burn and scars he obtained from Kaushiki. The powerful gusts of wind make a clear path for us to pass. As we ran past, they exchanged a nod of good luck for us.

"Give' em hell!" Shikadai ordered, clearly vengeful towards Kaushiki and everything he stands with.

"Look alive Shikadai," Temari said as the opening that they gave us began to close, "they're coming!"

Shikadai gritted his teeth as he turned back towards the swarm of puppets that began to close in on them.

"We can take them, Mom!"

Turning back towards my grandfather, I sprinted to stay close behind him. Suddenly, as we finally pulled through the rest of the fighting, we found ourselves in a clearing and mere kilometers away.

Slowing up to a group of four Otsutsuki generals who perched on a group of rocks. They seem unimpressed by our arrival.

Suddenly the wind in the valley began to pick up as our clothing rippled in it. As we started off with the smug generals, one finally stood up from his rock to address us.

"Do you smell that?" One of them said as he stuck his nose into the air.

Then another one stood up and smiled, "Yes, and it's exhilarating!"

They were acting as though they were on a high. It was off putting. As their gazes scanned as one that stood in the back gave a devilish grin.

"It's Mother Sage's bloodline."

Then a forth jumped off the rock and ran his hands through his white Otsutsuki hair. He then raised his finger to point at us.

"Those two are halflings, but that one..." he licked his lips as he pointed at me, "that one is pure."

I glared at him as I clenched my fist ready to fight. It seems as though my grandfather noticed because he raised his hand to stop me from lunging out at them. They laughed at my restricted dog complex.

"Tch!" I cursed to myself as I held myself back.

"Patience, Saruto," my mother calmed me, sounding a little more composed than myself, "Their gruesome deaths will come!"

My eyes widened as my mother cursed her last words. It looks like she was just as hot-blooded as I was.

"Sasuke Uchiha, was it?" The one in the back spoke, his head hanging low in the shadows of the three other generals, "Leash your dogs."