Chapter 21: Reinforcements Arrive

As the wind begins to flood into the valley of the battlefield we all stand in silence as the Otsutsuki puppets and followers stare up at a cliff. It seemed as though suddenly the fighting had stopped. With our two sides of the battle, the four divisions and Kaushiki and his forces. Standing next Naruto and Sasuke we stared up at the looming light that came from atop of the cliff. As I looked over to Kaushiki upon his perch a few kilometers away, he seemed uneasy about the new presence.

Suddenly we were approached by a Sunagakure communication shinobi who ran over to us. Reaching us he bowed to my grandfather.

"Supreme Leader," he bowed, "headquarters has gotten word that Regimental Commander Sarada and Princess Himawari have cleared the coastline and have now arrived at the frontlines with their Third Division."

A smile grew on both of their faces as they looked up at the cliff. The entire division watches as a figure comes into view on top of the hill. She wore a standard red Uchiha outfit with a two buttoned high collared long sleeve shirt. It left her lower chest and stomach exposed to reveal a tight fitted purple under shirt. With the Uzumaki-Uchiha crest on her right chest, she wore lavender white low-rise pants and a belt that her red glasses hung from. On her left leg held a sack, presumingly containing ninja tools. From her front side you see a dual sword hanging from her belt on her back side. Finally on her forehead was a red shinobi alliance headband. And her neck was my father's necklace.

Beside the figure was Himawari with content on her face and then their entire divisional army. Kyurei Uzumaki-Inuzuka and Asami Sarutobi-Hyuga were amongst them. I watched as they looked down on the enemy's forces. Leading them was my mother, her expression of overpowering menace was felt against everywhere saw her. In the pit of my stomach I became overjoyed because I knew she would change the tide of the frontlines. We were losing for a second there but reinforcements had really arrived.

"Reinforcements have arrived!" An Kirigakure shinobi yelled, initiating for the rest of the first, second, fourth, and fifth divisional companies to cheer. It seemed that the morale of the battlefield had boosted, causing for a newfound confidence in the shinobi alliance.

Locking eyes with my mother, I could tell her expression of seriousness did not waiver. Next to her stood Aunt Hima, she smiled with a smug grin. As they scanned the valley below them, they grimaced in hate at the Otsutsuki forces until they found Kaushiki. Sarada's eyes then narrowed at him with hate. From that we noticed her eyes light up red. Her Mangekyo Sharingan had been activated. As her army began to step forward, she raised a hand in the air as she stared down Kaushiki. He returned her with a devilish grin but I could tell that he was half scared. After all, she had spent the entire last decade trying to find him for killing my father. The Curse of Hatred had truly engulfed her because of it. And I am sure Kaushiki would return the same feelings because she had killed his son.

Suddenly, Sarada swiftly lowers her hand to signal her forces to attack. The Otsutsuki forces were outnumbered now and trapped in a cut throat attack. The first, second, fourth, and fifth divisions on one side and Sarada's third division on the other side.

"Let's go!" Himawari initiated as she led the division into the valley.

Our side of the fighting joined in as we charged as well as the Otsutsuki forces. As the entire might of the war clashed on one spot. Naruto, Sasuke, Shinki, and I stood in our tracks and looked up at Sarada who stared down at the battle.

"What is she doing?" Shinki spoke out loud.

As I looked over to Sasuke, his eye squinted at where his daughter stood on the cliff side overlooking the battle. Was she not going to join the battle?

"It seems my daughter is waiting," Sasuke responded.

"For what?" Shinki questioned once more.

"To cut the head off the snake," Naruto spoke harshly as his gaze then turned over to Kaushiki who looked towards Sarada.

Following their eye movement it seemed as though hatred in the air had grown heavy. It was overwhelming. Suddenly, Kaushiki shifted his footing and Sarada darted on the battlefield toward him.

"She's making her move!" I noticed as they all looked at her jumping down onto the battlefield.

I get it now, she was saving her chakra for when Kaushiki was going to make a move on the Allied Shinobi Forces. She wasn't looking down on her forces but merely watching over them. She understood that if Kaushiki had moved a single muscle she was going to stop him.
"Bring me her head!" Kaushiki ordered.

It seemed there was a little fear in his voice. Almost immediately all his forces turned their attention away from the Allied Shinobi forces and towards her. They were going to overrun her. All of them.

As I began to take a step forward to help her, a hand suddenly stopped me. Turning towards my left, I was met by Sasuke.

"You will just get in her way," Sasuke spoke in full confidence of his daughter.

Stepping back, all I could do was watch.

With that, Sarada pushes forward and takes down a large portion of the Otsutsuki forces using only and to dominate them, with the aid of her to evade their attacks. Across the battlefield, Himawari signals for Asami and Kyurei to protect herself as she sits on the ground to mediate to enter Ichibi mode.

"Damn," she curses as she cracks her neck and closes her eyes, "that last battle took almost all my chakra."

Looking back over to my mother who was soloing the enemy forces, little to no damage is being done to her.

"Katon!" She initiates with hand signals to her mouth.

She then uses a powerful on the enemy forces, which scorches the Otsutsuki puppets and the terrain in front of her. Sarada then launches plenty of at the puppets and also reappears in the smoke to fight. As she proceeds to defeat even more of them, she soon reaches Kaushiki who sends more of the puppets on her from his position on the high scaling rock. I then watched as he gave off some hand signals that I recognized all too well. He was going to send them to explode on her position.

"Grandfather," I anxiously notify.

Sasuke then squints at his daughter who is engaging some puppets with her dual swords.

"She knows," Sasuke reassures.

And like my grandfather had reassured me, she smiles at the puppets that claw their way towards her. As their bodies begin to glow up, suddenly a blinding light fills the valley. Shielding my eyes, I wait for the light to die down before I look towards my mother's position. To my surprise a crimson susanoo was in her place. Sarada had managed to activate her to shield herself from the suicide bombers.

Soon with her susanoo cloak she walks over the dead bodies of the Otsutsuki forces towards Kaushiki. Looking up at him she smiles and he smiles back.

"Kaushiki Otsutsuki."

"Lady Sarada, we meet again."