Chapter 4: Phantom in the Shadows

It had probably been a few years since we had been stuck back in time when I finally tapped into my Chaos chakra. It was weird because I was comfortable and used to keeping my whole life a secret from the entire village who knew my new family. If we could never get to the present, we made sure that we were giving ourselves a permanent place back in time.

Occasionally, Shikadami, Kiyomi, and I were invited over to the Uzumaki family house for dinner, where my unknowing grandmother formed a friendship with Shikadami. After all, we were about as old them, give or take a few years. Even though my father was older than Kiyomi, he had formed a relationship with her as well.

I guess it was inevitable that we were to become an intricate part in the lives of the past due to our sudden being stranded. After what happened at the Island a few years ago, Karasuki told us that his chakra had been completely gone and that we would be stuck in the past forever. He was the only means to do so. Kakashi-sensei stays persistent and helps secretly on the side lines from his job as Hokage. He even found a way to talk to the Great Toad Sage and who unknowingly learned that there is another way to return to our time.

Me.

From my recent awakening of the Sagenegan, they inadvertently said,

"There is a man who wields the dual power of the Sharingan and Byakugan who can unlock a long ancient and extinct power that can bend the will of time, space, and reality."

Of course, that only confirmed my suspicions as to what that meant for me. Long ago, I had abandoned the idea that the reason I was sent back was to find the real reason for why the prophecy was initiated. I know that now, but something was still bothering. If I wasn't sent back for that reason, what was it?

Shikadami made it clear that she wanted Kiyomi to have a normal childhood instead of being on the run and avoiding people to avoid messing up the timeline, so we agreed to stay in the Village Hidden in the Leaves and created a false persona of ourselves with the help of Kakashi-sensei.

We were Saruto and Dami Uzuchiha. Shikadami worked as a communication informant for the Sixth Hokage and I was a stay-at-home father to our 8 month old daughter, Kiyomi Uzuchiha. Like me, she was born with dark black hair and sky blue eyes. The true embodiment of a pure Uzumaki-Uchiha. And like me, showed promise for wielding the Byakugan and Sharingan. Being an at-home father allowed me to spend all my time raising my daughter, with the help of my grandmother, who babysat her. Hinata told me that it wasn't a problem because my father had loved her like a friend. It was interesting watching my father grow up. It's funny because he was starting to have a trouble-making personality that my mom had told me so much about. Also, not having a job allowed me to use my time off to try to master this new found power I had. I didn't completely understand it but I felt because of the conditions I was in, I would be able to. In time.

Soon as time passed, I learned how to scratch the surface of my power.

"Ok, Saruto, you ready?," Kakashi-sensei had instructed while crossing his arms as we stood in a recluse field on the outskirts of the Village.

Turning towards him nodded and then sat down crossing my legs. I took three deep breaths and then closed my eyes trying to visualize what I had wanted to do. Taking one last deep breath and then bolting my eyes open.

"Phantom Temporal Jutsu!" I said enacting never before hand signals.

I was creating new jutsu that had never been used or seen before. Who knows what was going to happen.

As I slapped my hand on the ground, sudden white markings had circle around me on the grass and the new formed a sort of symbol. These white marks then stretched their way onto my body and climbed up to my face. I felt as though my visual prowess was changing. I felt a surge of a new kind of chakra. It felt chaotic yet balanced. Like my body was meant for it and could take the strain. Looking up at Kakashi, he stepped back and nodded. Acknowledging him, I turned down back at the jutsu and infused my raw chakra into the seal on the ground until I was engulfed in a bright white light.