Chapter 8: Brilliant Minds of the Alliance

Walking up the steps inside the huge room of the Shinobi Alliance headquarters, I felt reminiscent of my father. All those years ago, he stood where I was standing now. What would he say to me now?

"Chief!"

Turning my attention to my assistant as he walked through the doors of the compound, the sound of heavy rain could be heard loudly outside.

"The Lord Raikage and Lady Tsuchikage have put their barrier teams in position around the compound," he said in confidence, "Captain Ino Yamanaka and her intelligence and sensory division will be arriving shortly alongside Commander Kagura Karatachi and his fifth division."

We had put more of an effort this time around on the protection of the headquarters due to what had happened to my father and everyone who was at headquarters years ago. Naruto was persistent that at least two Kages and their barrier teams had provided defense to the compound.

Looking to him and then to Karin Uzumaki setting up their chakra sphere, I watched as Seuigetsu Hozuki created a water sphere, Karin then kneeling on the ground and raising her hands towards the sphere. Suddenly red dots sparked on the sphere of the locations of our enemies.

My eyes widen, seeing the location of them. They converged in the crater at the Hidden Sand, like a bomb. Looking towards the neighboring villages I saw one small red dot and then one small red dot on the coast where Commander Sarada and her third division was.

"Chief! Enemy status has been established!" Karin spoke, searching the water sphere that Seuigetsu held strongly.

"Where is Lord Kazekage and Dr. Sumire Yamanaka?" I questioned my assistants.

"They are enroute from the Hidden Leaf at this moment!" he immediately answered.

Staring at the sphere, we already knew about the possible traps for Commander Shinki and the fourth division at the Hidden Sand. The attack on the Hidden Sand was just supposed to lure us in and spread us out. Then there was the trap for Captain Araya and the Surprise Attack Division in the Land of Rivers. Finally, the possible trap for the Regimental Commander and her third division in the Land of Waves. Now, I am thinking that they attacked the village to thin out our divisions and spread them out and then launch a second devastating attack on the division that responded to the Hidden Sand.

However, Saruto somehow knew that they were being led into a trap so we immediately sent the first and second division after the third division for aid. I just hope that we weren't too late. We still haven't been able to establish communications yet.

"Captain Ino Yamanaka has arrived!" a shinobi alerted from the entrance.

Immediately turning to him with urgency, I began sending everyone to their stations.

"Have her immediately establish a mind link between me, all division commanders, proxy commanders, speciality chiefs, captains and the five Kage," I ordered and then I had a thought, "Please add Kakashi Hatake, Saruto Uzumaki-Uchiha and Sasuke Uchiha of the Hidden Leaf as well."

"Yes, sir!" he spoke as Ino came running into the room, her assistant by her side, walked up the steps to me.

Behind her was her intelligence and sensor team followed with sensory members joining Karin at the sphere and intelligence members sitting down at monitors that lined the walls.

Giving her a nod, she acknowledged it before sitting on the ground and putting a mind link enhancing device over her face. Without words, she connected everyone together.

"Shikamaru, established!"

Suddenly, I was surprised to see that the mind links were occupied but not reciprocated.