Chapter 7: Secrets of the War Table

"Lord Seventh," a shinobi said as he entered the tent, "We've got word from Chief Strategist, Shikamaru Nara, that the attack needs to start early. Division Commanders, Shinki Suna and Sarada Uzumaki-Uchiha are walking into a trap."

I then perked up from where I stood at the war table and addressed him in a serious manner.

"How did he get this information?" I spoke urgently.

"Lord Saruto had confirmed with strong persistence," he stood at attention.

I then walked around the war table, passing Sai and Kakashi who stood by my sides. If these were Saruto's words then they were sound. He must know something that we don't

"Understood," I nodded, looking back to the war table to see the third and fourth division's positions, "Please send for Lord Saruto, immediately."

He bowed and then disappeared out the tent with urgency.

My mind began to race with possible outcomes based on where our divisions were.

"Sai," I alerted and he came to my side next to the table, "Where are all of our division's now?"

Pointing at the war table he began to list their locations.

"The First and Second Division Commanders, Yurui of the Hidden Cloud and Sekki of the Hidden Stone are waiting on standby here in the village. The Third Division and Regimental Commander, Sarada Uzumaki-Uchiha, of the Hidden Leaf, is on the coast possibly engaged with the enemy. All communications have been unable to reach them. The Fourth Division Commander, Lord Shinki Suna, of the Hidden Sand is enroute to the Hidden Sand for aid. All communications have also been unable to go through. The Fifth Division Commander, Lord Kagura Karatachi is enroute to the Hidden Mist to alert the Intelligence Division Captain, Ino Yamanaka. Lord Mizukage, Chojuro, is enroute to the daimyo protection base in the Land of Iron to fulfill his duties as in accordance with war protocol. Lord Kazekage, Chief Strategist Shikamaru Nara, and the Sensor Division Captain, Karin Uzumaki, are enroute to the headquarters in the Land of Rain. Araya of the Sand and his Surprise Attack Division are enroute to the Land of Rivers to flank the enemy that we believe based on Intelligence, is crossing through the Land Rivers. Logistical Support and Medical Division Captain, Kyuna Senju of the Leaf is waiting on stand-by here in the Leaf as well. The Anbu Division under my command waits for your orders as well here in the Leaf. .

"I see," I nodded, looking at the table.

Something wasn't right. There were already reports of possible traps so I could only assume that there was more. Knowing that the majority of our troops were here in the Hidden Leaf, I was suspicious as to whether we weren't attacked here. And then I realized. My eyes widened as I looked at the position of each of our divisions.

"Naruto, what is it?" Kakashi-sensei questioned my speculation.

"I don't get it," I questioned, "the Hidden Leaf would've been the perfect place to attack first. But why did..."

My heart then sunk.

"It's all a trap!" I alerted as I slammed my hands on the table, "Kaushiki immediately took out half of our support divisions in the Hidden. That's Medical and Surprise Attack. We even have almost two confirmed traps for the Third and Fourth Divisions. Even communications are down."

I then looked at the Hidden Mist that our Intelligence Corps and Fifth Division, then to the Surprise Attack Division in the Hidden Rivers. As my eyes began to race, I realized...

"They're boxing us in!" turning towards Sai, "Deploy everyone to the Hidden Sand Now!"

Without question Sai raced out of the tent, two Anbu following behind him that had stood guard at the entrance of the tent. I watched him waving his finger yelling out orders to Division Lieutenants.

I then looked at two shinobi that stood at attention in the tent.

"Send for Sasuke Uchiha immediately!" I ordered and they ran out of the tent.

Breathing heavily, I clenched my fist and cursed to myself.

"How did I not see this before!" I cursed, almost breaking the glass on the war table.

"What about Sarada and her division?" Kakashi-sensei questioned.

Keeping my eyes clenched closed, I then stood up straight, turning to him with a smirk.

"I only pray for mercy for whoever is facing the Princesses of Konoha," I spoke confidently, knowing that Sarada was more than capable than holding her own.

She was fighting alongside my daughter, Himawari, granddaughter, Kyurei, and niece Asami. All of which were some of the strongest kunoichi in the Leaf.

Kakashi-sensei then smirked before being alerted to the entrance of the tent. Turning myself towards the entrance we were faced with Saruto. He stood tall.

"Grandfather-"

I then narrowed my eyes towards him with a sense of urgency. His face then grew stern as he understood that it was time for war.

"Saruto, tell me everything you know."