Chapter 35: Sage Otsutsuki

"You're an Otsutsuki?" Lord Seventh questioned out of concern.

"yes," she confidently answered and then pouted to see that this was off-putting to us, "oh gosh! what have my husband and children done this time?"

"Husband?" Naruto questioned

"Children?" Hima questioned as well.

As we all stood in curiosity of her origin, I couldn't help but see Saruto staring once more at the stars. Like he was still waiting for someone or something.

"hah, yes!" she smiled and brushed out her hair with her fingers, "i'm sure you are quite familiar with them all."

We all listened intently with our guards up which seemed to sadden her.

"oh my! relax a little," she reassured, releasing a wave of chakra that immediately changed our tense emotions to a calming one, "think of me as neither evil nor good."

So my intuition was right when I touched Saruto, or rather his was. Looking up to my son, I could tell that he was conflicting with himself. I needed to know everything so that I could help him.

"Tell us everything about your power," I asked.

She then looked upon me with a smile, "ok."

As activated her Sagenegan, she suddenly immersed us all in a wave of power that struck us all in the chest. As it did so, our eyes were suddenly enlightened. We watched as she weaved signs and then placed her palm in a Hyuga-style manner. Suddenly my vision became distorted as the stars around us began to swirl around sending us into a trance. It was like a play was playing out right in front of us.

"at the beginning there was nothing, until there was something. there was me, a celestial, a god. time went on and i grew lonely. i longed for something or someone to love. out of the darkness, my own subconscious power created a new god. you may know him as jougan. soon we fell in love with one another and had children of our own. each embodying a form of my emotions. first there was isshiki, anger. second there was kaguya, sadness. third there was kinshiki, disgust. fourth there was momoshiki, surprise. fifth there was mazushiki, joy. and last there was kaushiki, fear. we were the first family. the first clan. the otsutsuki."

Celestials? Gods? Her children. They have caused so much pain for us. But why us?

"it became apparent that all my children craved power. the power that i possessed. creation and destruction. chaos chakra. the ability to bend realms, universes, realities, space, time to my own will. see when they were born they all inherited jougan's power of the byakugan, and soon through there own cravings for power would they awaken the power of the sharingan'' Sage informed sending us to all look at Himawari, who was the only here to have the Byakugan and then too my father and I would had the power of the Sharingan ''when my children were young there father put them on a mission to conquer worlds and obtain more power. if only i had realized more sooner that my husband was just as power hungry as my children. i only found out about it too late. my second youngest, mazushiki, had discovered a world and harvested it once before billions and billions of years ago. kaushiki, my youngest, was with him when they found the world but they did not know the consequences that came with harvesting the fruit. without a karma, mazushiki died and kaushiki came home without power and a wasted world. jougan was infuriated and blamed kaushiki for the death of his favorite son and banished him from the family. heartbroken over the loss of two sons, i slowly grew sick and loveless in my power. but before i died, i gave my power to my only daughter, kaguya. on my deathbed she vowed to never use my power. you see my power must exist or all realities will crumble. trillions of years past and the sequence of conquering worlds and stealing chakra for power continued. it wasn't until kaguya and isshiki found this world that kaguya finally understood that she could not be fed to the tree. because then my power would be passed onto isshiki once he had eaten the chakra fruit. isshiki slowly in their conquest learned of this truth that my power was passed onto her and she was forced to defeat him in battle. alone and fearful, kaguya had felt the same way i had felt all those years ago. she soon followed my lead and met a man, fell in love, and had children of her own. but something changed within her heart when her children were born. she realized that her power had been taken from her and split in equal halves to her children, hagoromo and hamura. creation with hagoromo and destruction with homura. she had then inherited the sickness that her brothers and father had, an insatiable craving for my power. but she was defeated by her sons like she had done to her brother, isshiki, before. but since the day her sons were born, my power longed to be whole again. the attraction that the two sides had for one another was so strong that it spanned generations. the longer it stood apart the stronger the pull was. first, with hagoromo and homura otsutsuki, then it was ashura and indra otsutsuki , then hashirama senju and madara uchiha, and finally you two, naruto uzumaki and sasuke uchiha."

I looked over to my father and Lord Seventh who exchanged questioning looks. They suddenly then frowned. I could have guessed that they were thinking about whether their bond was real or some predestined fate of a power much larger than themselves.

Suddenly, I felt a wave of sadness overtake me as I looked up to Sage.

"Me and Boruto," I questioned harshly, "Was that fake? Some predestined fate?"

As I searched her endless starry eyes, I tried to carry a little hate for her. But I couldn't. For some reason, all I could think about was Boruto.

"do you still love him?"

My heart stopped. What did she mean? Of course. Turning away from her embarrassed and blushing and thought about him and how much I loved him. There was no way that was fake.

"finally after thousands of years, my bloodline was reunited with him," she said while looking up to Saruto who still had his eyes on the stars. I wondered if he was listening to this, "and because of him, it still passes on."

Still passes on?

"What does she mean?" I questioned.

Suddenly a warm smile grew on Naruto's face as he looked up to Saruto.

"He and Shikadami, they have a daughter."

"A d-daughter?" I said while looking up to Saruto.

I thought about what she might look like. Did she have their eyes? Boruto's eyes? I suddenly understood that I needed to live through this and see her. He needed to get through this and see her.

Suddenly I remembered.

"Wait, I thought this power did not pass on to your children?"

She smiled at me once more.

"is that what i said?" she giggled.

That means that she did it on purpose. She must've known the hearts of her children. Then I realized. She knew. This entire time she knew the future. With those eyes, she must've. But if she knew then why did she...

"Then why did you give your power to Kaguya?" my father spoke up before I could.

She smirked as she looked at him.

"because i knew her heir would be him and his bloodline," she warmly smiled, "his heart pure and true, so i entrusted fate."

Bloodline. Saruto's bloodline. His daughter. Her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren.

Suddenly, my mind felt at ease that the future of our clan was in good hands. That it would prosper.

Abruptly, Sage then turned towards the sky as well. As she levitated towards Saruto, she looked in the same direction as him.

"He'S hERe," my son calmly said as he pointed towards the stars above us.

Who was here?

As I looked at him waiting up above us, suddenly Sage turned back towards and smiled. Suddenly her figure began to fade as she whisked herself into Saruto's body. Disappearing into a bright turquoise blaze. As she disappeared into my son, his body suddenly began to glow and his hair changed like hers. It was the stars. The milky way filled his hair. As I looked to the side of his face, I saw his skin begin to glow in a translucent galaxy haze and his right eye activated his Sagenegan. Then my eyes drifted down to his hands, clenched like he was ready to fight.

Who was coming?

Suddenly as Hima, my father, Lord Seventh and I stared into the sky we began to see a figure looming in. It was god-like. It was...

"Arghhh!" my father called out as he gripped his concealed eye.

It was Boruto's eye... so that mean't...

"Jougan," I cursed.