Chapter 37: Into Purgatory

"Purgatory."

Suddenly, white light filled my vision and into a domain of endless reflection. I was standing in some other reality. It was like I was in my own spiritual core. I was standing on a reflective surface of clouds all around me. Looking around me, all I could see was an endless horizon.

It was a peace of mind.

Drifting my eyes up to the clouds I noticed they were materializing and forming themselves into figures. One figure turned into two, then four, then eight. Soon the sky was filled with different figures that look like men and women of all the same age. Then they began to levitate to my level and in front of me. Staring at the white clouded figure, they began to form skin and into people. All unique in their own way but all the same. The features resembled my own. It became apparent that they were too similar then I wondered as I saw their hair as black as night and eyes as blue as the sky.

As a woman who stood in front of the rest stepped forward, I took a step back in response.

"Don't be afraid," she said softly with a smile.

As I analyzed her and the people around her, I felt my head fill with so many questions.

"Who are you? Where am I?"

She smiled again as she looked at her surroundings around her.

"You are where you commanded yourself to be," she assured.

I thought about it as I searched my recent memories.

"Purgatory?" I questioned.

She nodded and maintained a soft smile, "A place where the dead and living are one."

"And who...who are you? All of you?" I said gesturing my body towards her and the rest of the people behind her.

For some reason I felt like I already knew the answer but I had to be sure. There was some kind of feeling in my gut.

The woman then stroked her hair back and blushed. My heart dropped. I recognized that look from anywhere.

"K-Kiyomi?" I said urgently.

She nodded.

As I finally allowed myself to become more comfortable with her presence, I was able to really look at her. She was beautiful.

"How is this possible?" I said as I walked closer to her.

"It's mother's power," she responded.

Sage's bloodline, my bloodline. Chaos chakra. The balance between creation and destruction, a perfect yin-yang.

As four figures came into view behind, they revealed themselves by her side. A young man was the first to introduce himself. I could tell he was sure of himself.

"Hello," he said in a calculated manner which resembled the Nara Clan, "my name is Kira Uzumaki-Uchiha. I am your grandson."

My eyes widened as he gestured to the other man and women next to him.

"This is my daughter Mira, her daughter Tatsuki, and her son Takuma. We are your descendants."

As I looked towards them, their features became familiar to my own. Each with the signature Uchiha black hair and Uzumaki blue eyes.

"How old are all of you?" I wondered about their relationship.

"Same age as you, grandfather," Kira spoke confidently.

As I displayed a look of confusement I questioned, " I don't understand..."

"The Sagenegan's power exists and draws from a place where there is no time," he assured, "that is why we are of the same age. It allows the user to draw on its other bloodline users at any point of time. All appearing at the same prime as the user. The power is fueled by the bloodline it has created."

Then Tatsuki spoke up, "You are against a great foe aren't you?"

I nodded, "Yes, Jougan."

There was a silence as they all exchanged expressionless looks.

"What! Do I beat him!? Do we win the war?!" I exclaimed with urgency.

My daughter then looked at me with sadness, "You know we can't tell you that, Father. Whether we know your future or not, it is constantly changing and there is no definite future. You of all people should know that."

She was right. I remembered when I traveled back in time and how secrecy was of the utmost importance. I had imagined if my identity was revealed to my grandparents then there would be so many questions and the future might have been changed. I understood her words.

"Hey, old man!" Takuma spoke in a confident and loud manner, "Stop asking questions and let's go kick this bastard's a-"

Suddenly Tatsuki wacked Takuma across the head. I didn't notice this till now but Tatsuki seemed to be a sort of authoritative figure with her chin held high.

"You hag! Hit me again and I'll kill you!" he cursed at her.

"Hush, Takuma!" she spoke strongly.

Immediately he obeyed as he rubbed his head. I marveled internally at their relationship. I couldn't believe who I was standing face to face with.

"H-Hi...ummm, excuse me," a soft voice came from behind Kiyomi.

As she peered her head out I saw that it was Mira. I could tell that she had a shy and timid personality which was quite different from her daughter and grandson. I watched as she twirled her hair and avoided my gaze.

"Mira, you can speak," Kira assured in a loving manner.

I nervously smiled as she looked up to me. She reminded me so much of my Grandma Hinata with her demeanor and all.

"W-What, umm...Takuma was getting at is that we are here to help."

I smiled and nodded as I looked back at my daughter. She nodded as people behind her began to glow and then I watched as the light stretched up to Kiyomi and then myself. And in an instant I was back to reality with them all standing around me looking down at Jougan.

There was no way we would lose. I had my family on my side.