'Yeah,' Peter agreed. 'Go on, take your time. I'll handle the kids.'

'Thank you,' Robin said gratefully. He looked better than yesterday, but still exhausted, despite sleeping for a whopping ten hours. He was probably more mentally exhausted than physically. Peter noticed Robin really wanted to be there for the kids, but he had just gone through a traumatic experience, it was hard for him to act like nothing had happened. If he took a shower now, he could clear his head a bit and meanwhile, Peter could help the kids wind down a bit.

As Peter watched Robin walk away, he felt a heavy feeling in his chest. That was, until a snowball hit the back of his head. He turned around to see Felicia, dying of laughter at his stunned expression. 'Got you, daddy!'

'Oh yeah?' Peter said. 'Are you sure that was a good idea?'

Felicia ran away laughing while Peter bent over to make one himself, chasing after her. 'You're going to regret that, young lady!'

***

It was almost 8AM and Robin still hadn't finished showering. Peter had told him to take his time, but forty minutes was a lot, considering Robin usually took ten minutes max. Since it was snowing and there wasn't a lot of work to do, John and Mrs Anderson had no issues waiting before breakfast, but Peter still wanted to check up on him.

'Maybe it's better if you eat first,' he told them. 'I'm getting the feeling that Robin would rather eat alone today.'

'Why?' Felicia asked, listening in on their conversation.

'Oh, he isn't feeling very well,' Peter said. 'Maybe he's a little sick. He probably needs some rest.'

'Aww.' Felicia pouted. 'But it's snowing! Can't he be sick on any other day?'

'Sadly, it doesn't work like that,' Peter said. 'But I'll come join you later, okay?'

'Okay. You should take good care of him, daddy! That way, he can join us soon.'

'I will,' Peter said, before rushing upstairs. The shower wasn't running anymore, but the door was still locked. He knocked. 'Robin, are you okay?'

'Y-Yeah,' he heard. 'I'm- I'm okay.'

He sure didn't sound it. 'Is there anything I can do to help?' Peter asked worriedly.

He got no answer, but a few moments later the door was unlocked and opened by Robin. His eyes were puffy, his hair was still damp and his face looked red. Peter felt his forehead immediately, but Robin flinched. 'I'm sorry,' Peter quickly apologized. 'I think you have a little fever though. Come, just stay in bed today.'

Robin was too tired to object, he just nodded and followed. Peter tucked him in. He instinctively wanted to wipe the damp hairs from Robin's forehead, but realized just in time and checked with Robin first. Robin nodded, so Peter went ahead. 'Did you take your Valium?' he asked quietly.

'Hm.' Robin nodded again, very slightly. His eyes were closing. After a few seconds had passed, he whispered. 'I'm sorry.'

'Don't be,' Peter replied. 'It's not your fault, not even in the slightest.'

'Hm.' Robin turned to his side, facing Peter, and curled up into a ball, sniffing.

'Rest some more,' Peter said. 'Do you want me to stay here or would you rather be alone?'

'The kids need you,' Robin weakly said.

'Not all the time. Besides, they didn't even notice we were gone tonight. I think you need me more right now.'

'Hm.'

'Okay.' Peter stretched out his arm to tuck a stray lock of hair behind Robin's ear, but his wrist was grabbed and Robin brought it to his chest, intertwining his fingers with Peter's. 'In that case... please stay.'

***

My god, it's been a while. Hella messy life shizz. But like, 7 people suddenly added this story to their list yesterday, so I was like: "Oh yeah, I can do a quick update." I mean, we're over halfway through, I should really finish this thing someday. Well, I can't make any promises, but today, I shall update.

Me: the perfect summer song doesn't exi-
This king🙌: