Control

A/N: Hello! I would just like to say that there is going to be a very descriptive scene in this chapter. I am currently experimenting with my writing style so you may see words that you've never seen me use. This chapter might be very triggering to those who experienced violence and abuse so just a quick warning. I hope you enjoy

TW: Foul language, SUNNY being mental af, Tasers, Panic attacks, Attempted Kidnapping, Manipulation, Assault.

'Finally. Now that she's gone, we can talk!', SUNNY smiles. 

'Why...would you say all those things to AUBREY..?', BASIL looks at him with a tired look. 

SUNNY smiles wider and holds BASIL's hand, 'Because she was in the way! Plus she doesn't know you like I do.'

BASIL withdrew his hand from SUNNY's grasp, a mix of confusion and concern etched on his face.

'SUNNY....that's not fair,' BASIL said softly, his voice tinged with disappointment. 

'Oh BASIL! You don't have to worry anymore about AUBREY, you have me now. I'm your BEST friend remember? You can tell me everything!', SUNNY says, dodging what BASIL had said. 

BASIL sighs, he looks down, completely tired of everything. 

'Okay..', He says, trying to get SUNNY to leave him alone. He was tired as it is and he didn't want to deal with SUNNY's manipulative tactics. His luck just had to be shit today..

SUNNY's smile falters as he looks at BASIL with a mixture of confusion. 

'Are...you alright?', He softly asks, almost sounding like genuine concern. 

'I'm... I'm just tired...SUNNY,' BASIL admitted, his voice laced with fatigue, 'Please...don't start right now. I don't need anyone else telling me how useless I am...'

'BASIL...I don't have to tell you that you're useless if you already know, silly! But don't worry, your best friend is here to help you no matter what.', SUNNY smiles once again. 

'Am...I really that useless...? SUNNY..why...why are you doing this to me...?', BASIL says, his face full of pain and hurt. He starts to tear up but quickly rubs them away. He wasn't going to allow himself to cry in front of SUNNY, he would rather die. 

SUNNY's smile turned into a sympathetic expression, and he gently placed a hand on BASIL's shoulder. 'BASIL, you're not useless,' he said softly, his voice dripping with false reassurance. 'But you've been through so much, and it's clear that AUBREY doesn't understand you like I do. She's never been there for you the way I have.'

BASIL's eyes welled up with tears again, and this time he couldn't hold them back. He felt vulnerable and emotionally exhausted, and he desperately wanted someone to support him without any hidden agenda.