Change Is Difficult

TW: Foul language, Intense Arguing.

'Yeah yeah, tease me all you want. I don't care.', BASIL rolls his eyes.

'Oh please, like I wanna tease you all day long. I have better things to do with my time.', KEL huffs.

'Oh reallyyyy? Hah! and what kind of things do you have to do, Mr. I got stabbed in the legs by my brother?', BASIL smirks.

KEL rolls his eyes, 'I have plenty of things to do, thank you very much. And that was a one-time thing, it's not like I'm always getting stabbed by my brother.'

BASIL chuckles, 'Sure, sure. I believe you.'

KEL shakes his head, 'You're impossible.'

BASIL grins, 'Aww but you love me anyway.'

KEL smirks, 'Don't get too full of yourself, now.'

BASIL laughs, 'Hey, a little self-confidence never hurt anyone.'

'That's ironic coming from you', KEL mutters.

BASIL raises an eyebrow, 'What's that supposed to mean?'

He shifts his body to look at KEL, he stares at him for an answer.

'You know exactly what I mean. You're always doubting yourself and your abilities, and yet here you are, preaching about self-confidence.', KEL sighs.

'Oh wow, I wonder whose fault that is.', BASIL sternly says.

'It's certainly NOT my fault that's for sure. So don't look at me like I'm the one whos causing you so much pain.', KEL glares at BASIL.

'I'm not saying it's your fault, but you don't exactly help either.', BASIL crosses his arms.

'Hah, okay, I see where this is going. You are NOT going to guilt trip me, BASIL. We ALL don't help each other, you especially didn't help me much either so don't say that shit to me about 'not helping'. You are a hypocrite, a fucking hypocrite!', KEL yells.

BASIL's face turns red with anger as he snaps back, 'Hey, I never claimed to be perfect! And I never said I was innocent in all of this. But don't act like you're the only one who's been hurt here.'

'You're right, we've all been hurt. But that doesn't excuse your behavior towards me. You constantly put me down and make me feel like I'm not good enough. And then you have the audacity to lecture me about self-confidence? It's ridiculous.' KEL retorts.

'I-...UGH!', BASIL grumbles angrily.

He turns away from KEL out of anger. There's a tense silence between them as BASIL takes a few deep breaths to calm down.

'Oh please, stop acting like the victim here.', KEL coldly says.

BASIL's anger boils over and he whirls his head around to face KEL, his voice rising in volume, 'Stop gaslighting me, KEL! You're always quick to point out my flaws, but you can never take any criticism yourself. And when I try to talk to you about it, you just twist everything around and make me feel like I'm the bad guy.'